Bengaluru, Nov 18 (IANS): The kingpin of sensational Bitcoin scandal Srikrishna Ramesh has gone incommunicado in spite of the Karnataka government instructing the police to provide security to him.
The accused has gone into hiding after switching off his mobile phone. Even his family members seem to have no clue of his whereabouts.
Karnataka police was instructed to provide security to him on the insistence of Opposition leader Siddaramaiah who feared threat for the accused's life.
Siddaramaiah had claimed that since thousands of crores of ruprees are involved and many powerful politicians are said to be hand in glove with the accused, there is danger to his life.
The police department had decided to provide him a gunman for security. When police tried to approach the accused, they could not find him. His family informed the police that Ramesh was not at home.
Now, the police department is in a fix because if anything happens to the accused, there will be huge political fallout. The scandal is being discussed in the national capital and even Congress leader Rahul Gandhi had raised concern over the handling of the scandal by the Karnataka government.
Police have asked the kingpin's family to contact them as soon as they hear from him. The cops are also tracking his friends to get a clue on his whereabouts.
- Congress to make Bitcoin scandal an election issue in Karnataka
- Congress drags state BJP president Nalin Kumar Kateel's name into Bitcoin scandal
- Bitcoin scandal: Cong trying to keep non-issue alive, says K'taka CM
- Bommai gets BJP high command support in Bitcoin scandal issue
- Bengaluru: Guilty in Bitcoin scam will be punished mercilessly, says CM Bommai
- 'Distorted, misleading': Karnataka police refute all allegations on Bitcoin scandal
- Karnataka police refute all allegations on Bitcoin scandal
- Arrest Cong leaders 'involved' in Bitcoin scandal: Siddaramaiah
- Surjewala, Gaurav Vallabh allege ‘Operation Cover-up’ in Rafale, Bitcoin scams
- Submit documents on Bitcoin scandal: Bommai to Opposition leaders
- 100% of Bitcoin scam documents collected, will release at right time: DKS
- Police administered drugs to Bitcoin scandal kingpin in custody: Priyank Kharge
- Karnataka Cong questions PM Modi on Bitcoin scandal
- ‘If PM has reassured CM on Bitcoin scam, let govt come clean’, says DKS
- PM assures CM: Don’t worry about Bitcoin scam, work boldly with honesty
- Bitcoin scandal kingpin Sriki released on bail, says allegations 'bogus'
- Karnataka will see 3rd CM if Bitcoin scandal investigated thoroughly: Congress
- Bitcoin scandal kingpin's arrest sends jitters through Karnataka netas
- Bitcoin scandal gets new twist as main accused arrested again in Karnataka
- Main accused in Bitcoin scandal taken into custody in Bengaluru
- Karnataka's BJP govt rattled as Bitcoin allegations reach PMO
- DKS demands ED probe in Bitcoins scam; asks govt to release its letter
- Bengaluru: Congress leaders involved in Bitcoin scam - Araga Jnanendra
- K'taka Bitcoin scandal takes new twist as BJP leaders said to be under probe
- BJP leaders alleged involvement: Bitcoin scandal to be probed by ED or CBI