Daijiworld Media Network – Bengaluru (MS)
Bengaluru, Nov 28: International hacker Sriki, who is an accused in the Bitcoin scam that has created a major controversy in the political circles, and who went missing after he obtained conditional bail, is yet to be located. He has gone underground and police have been unable to locate him so far.
JP Nagar police had arrested Sriki and his friend Vishnu Bhat in connection with a hotel brawl. Later he had been released on conditional bail from Parappana Agrahara prison. He was asked to appear before the investigation officer every Saturday, however, he did not do so on November 27.
It has come to light that Sriki is not even using a mobile phone, which has aroused police suspicion. Police have decided to wait for some more days and then report the matter to court.
Crypto currency hacker Sriki was released on bail on Tuesday. He was sent to judicial custody after the JP Nagar police arrested him.
Sriki had said to media that he does not anything about the Bitcoin scam. He said that he does not even know the name of the person who got him bail. Powerful people take the names of all rich and affluent people of society. He said that unnecessary hype is created in media about him. He requested media not to follow him also.
During the interrogation, Sriki confessed with the cops that he was interested in computer technology since childhood. He loved web technology when he was in fourth grade itself. He knew how to format games and reverse engineering on computer. He wanted to get more expertise in that field.
Srikrishna had hacked thousands of bitcoins when he was in 10th grade itself. He got acquainted with Shane, student studying in his same school. They studied code words. Sriki completed PCMC in Jain college of the city.
Srikrishna had learnt about crypto currency when he was studying in 12th standard. He had been to Himalayas with his friend Ritvik when he was just 17 years old. He resided there for many months. Ritivik’s mother has filed a missing complaint at Siddapur and Tilaknagar police stations.
- Bitcoin scam: Kingpin Srikrishna Ramesh goes incommunicado
- Bitcoin scandal: RTI activist alleges negligence of his complaint by top cops
- Congress to make Bitcoin scandal an election issue in Karnataka
- Congress drags state BJP president Nalin Kumar Kateel's name into Bitcoin scandal
- Bitcoin scandal: Cong trying to keep non-issue alive, says K'taka CM
- Bommai gets BJP high command support in Bitcoin scandal issue
- Bengaluru: Guilty in Bitcoin scam will be punished mercilessly, says CM Bommai
- 'Distorted, misleading': Karnataka police refute all allegations on Bitcoin scandal
- Karnataka police refute all allegations on Bitcoin scandal
- Arrest Cong leaders 'involved' in Bitcoin scandal: Siddaramaiah
- Surjewala, Gaurav Vallabh allege ‘Operation Cover-up’ in Rafale, Bitcoin scams
- Submit documents on Bitcoin scandal: Bommai to Opposition leaders
- 100% of Bitcoin scam documents collected, will release at right time: DKS
- Police administered drugs to Bitcoin scandal kingpin in custody: Priyank Kharge
- Karnataka Cong questions PM Modi on Bitcoin scandal
- ‘If PM has reassured CM on Bitcoin scam, let govt come clean’, says DKS
- PM assures CM: Don’t worry about Bitcoin scam, work boldly with honesty
- Bitcoin scandal kingpin Sriki released on bail, says allegations 'bogus'
- Karnataka will see 3rd CM if Bitcoin scandal investigated thoroughly: Congress
- Bitcoin scandal kingpin's arrest sends jitters through Karnataka netas
- Bitcoin scandal gets new twist as main accused arrested again in Karnataka
- Main accused in Bitcoin scandal taken into custody in Bengaluru
- Karnataka's BJP govt rattled as Bitcoin allegations reach PMO
- DKS demands ED probe in Bitcoins scam; asks govt to release its letter
- Bengaluru: Congress leaders involved in Bitcoin scam - Araga Jnanendra
- K'taka Bitcoin scandal takes new twist as BJP leaders said to be under probe
- BJP leaders alleged involvement: Bitcoin scandal to be probed by ED or CBI