Bhatkal: Two brothers die after accidental fall from house terrace


Yahya Hallare

Daijiworld Media Network- Bhatkal (AJD)

Bhatkal, Mar 25: In a tragic incident, two brothers died after accidently falling off from the terrace of their house. The incident took place in Bhatkal Car Street around 5:30 pm on Wednesday, March 25.

The deceased have been identified as Muhammed Fahad (18) and Anzaf (13). Fahad and his brother Anzaf were playing on the terrace when the mishap took place. Fazad fell on an electric wire before landing on the ground and died on the spot. Anzaf, who suffered serious injuries was shifted immediately to Bhatkal government hospital for treatment and was later taken to hospital in Mangaluru. He died on his way to Mangaluru.


Muhammed Fahad (left) and Anzaf 



Fahad was a student of class 9 at Naunihaal School.

Fahad’s body was handed over to his family after post-mortem at Bhatkal Government Hospital.

Bhatkal police have registered a case. Further investigation is underway.

 

 

  

Top Stories

Comment on this article

  • Joseph, Qatar

    Thu, Mar 26 2020

    In suburban Mangalore I have seen such high tension cables twirled, twinned criss cross and suspended on weak concrete poles and very precariously close to house verandah/terraces of building structures. A scary example is that of Urwa Stores near TATA Ginger Office within the Ashok Nagar jurisdiction. If my memory serves me right, not a long time ago, a small child got electrocuted when he put his hand out of his room window. In Bombay we have underground rectifier units to avoid such catastrophe. Mangalore authorities should follow suit and go in line with Bombay system.

    DisAgree [1] Agree [3] Reply Report Abuse

  • Eustace, Mumbai

    Thu, Mar 26 2020

    Heartfelt condolences to their parents. This is an unbearable loss. RIP.

    DisAgree [1] Agree [8] Reply Report Abuse

  • M M adyar, Kankandi , Mangalore

    Thu, Mar 26 2020

    RIP....the owner should've some common sense while building such houses

    DisAgree Agree [7] Reply Report Abuse

  • Hanif, Shirva/Sharjah

    Thu, Mar 26 2020

    No Safety Wall built on the Terrace. Indian Authorities should bring some changes in their approval system. or else it is a must to change old staff and to replace them with New Young Youths with proper education on Safety.

    DisAgree [1] Agree [13] Reply Report Abuse

  • John, Mangalore/Kuwait

    Thu, Mar 26 2020

    I saw in India especially in Mangalore udupi near to the house these wires pass by! For what?

    How much dangerous it is! Why ministry of electricity cannot put insulation cover on it? why so careless?whom to tell who will listen.? I understand putting cable underneath is not possible in India as in India every now and then they are digging the road sides. After Life is lost crying no use at all!
    Few years back husband and wife died due to electrocution while plucking pepper.in gulf countries you will never see any live or any type of wires in open air.we should learn from these gulf countries.
    Anyway RIP children
    May your soul rest in peace

    DisAgree [7] Agree [21] Reply Report Abuse

  • Pbhat, Puttur

    Thu, Mar 26 2020

    Owners of the houses should take care about covering the wire.Already the govt is planning for underground wires. In Bengaluru it is sarted. It may be delayed now .Even live wires passed through plantations which is dangerous ..Sad two kids lost their lives .Condolences to the family.

    DisAgree [2] Agree [11] Reply Report Abuse

  • Sunil Dsouza, Mangalore

    Thu, Mar 26 2020

    Most of the electric wires in Mumbai are underground. Please dont compare with half information in hand.....most of the gulf laborers think great about gulf countries since they have never seen other parts of India or the world for that matter. Every county has their own share of Pros and Cons......please dont compare.

    DisAgree [16] Agree [3] Reply Report Abuse

  • Joanna, Mangalore/London

    Thu, Mar 26 2020

    Boss read before commenting okay
    John mentioned udupi Mangalore
    I know John he traveled almost half of the world
    He is worried about the lost life
    Not half minded or half information.okay
    You better visit Mangalore very close to the roof of house or building these cables pass through
    And when heavy wind rain strucks these will come down risking human and animal life
    Haven't you seen how many birds are dying due to this Indian technology of cables

    DisAgree [1] Agree [18] Reply Report Abuse

  • V.POOJARY, Adyar Kannoor Mangalore

    Mon, May 4 2020

    Grow up and come out of well John!! You have not seen enough of gulf yet, sitting in Kuwait and commenting with half knowledge. Go to Jeddah, Saudi suburb to get wonderful experience such electrical wires!!

    DisAgree Agree Reply Report Abuse

  • Jossey Saldanha, Mumbai

    Thu, Mar 26 2020

    Rest in Peace ...

    DisAgree [3] Agree [17] Reply Report Abuse

  • Max, Mangalore

    Thu, Mar 26 2020

    Such a tragic accident. Two young lives nipped in the bud. RIP.

    DisAgree [2] Agree [15] Reply Report Abuse

  • I wish I was There, Bahrain

    Wed, Mar 25 2020

    My God, lost two kids at one time. RIP beloved Brother's.

    DisAgree [1] Agree [22] Reply Report Abuse


LEAVE A COMMENT

Title : Bhatkal: Two brothers die after accidental fall from house terrace


 
 
 
 

 
You have 2000 characters left.

Disclaimer:

Please write your correct name and email address. Kindly do not post any personal, abusive, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, discriminatory or unlawful or similar comments. Daijiworld.com will not be responsible for any defamatory message posted under this article.

Please note that sending false messages to insult, defame, intimidate, mislead or deceive people or to intentionally cause public disorder is punishable under law. It is obligatory on Daijiworld to provide the IP address and other details of senders of such comments, to the authority concerned upon request.

Hence, sending offensive comments using daijiworld will be purely at your own risk, and in no way will Daijiworld.com be held responsible.


Security Validation

Enter the characters in the image