Daijiworld Media Network – Mangaluru (SB)
Mangaluru, Sep 15: The large-hearted readers of daijiworld have once again made a miracle possible in the life of a family in need. Santhosh D'Silva of Bejai, who needed financial support after being diagnosed with bone cancer, has now been bestowed with a new ray of hope with over Rs 6 lac pouring in for his medical care.
Last month, Daijiworld published the story of Santhosh D'Silva, a taxi driver residing in Barebail, Bejai who is suffering from bone cancer. Santhosh had experienced a severe thyroid issue and complained of difficulty in swallowing food, followed by other health issues. On consultation with a doctor in the city, he was asked to undergo an operation to cure the thyroid. He was recommended to rest for a while following his operation. One day, while having a bath Santhosh collapsed in the bathroom and suffered a fracture on both legs. Due to the severity of the fracture, Santhosh's wife had to immediately rush him to a nearby hospital. On conducting a medical examination of his bones, the family was shocked to learn that the doctors had diagnosed Santhosh as suffering from bone cancer which he required him to undergo specialized radiation treatment.
After reading about Santhosh’s plight, daijiworld readers contributed about Rs 6 lac to the family which was badly in need of financial support for his treatment.
Speaking to daijiworld, Sumana, wife of Santhosh said, "I was completely shattered when doctors informed me about my husband's bone cancer. The huge medical expenses stood in front of me like a mountain. I met many with a request for financial support but the current poor economic condition prevented me from getting help. When I lost all hope, daijiworld came to my husband’s rescue as a messenger of God. I thank all daijiworld readers for their generosity and kindness. I will keep them in my daily prayers. I got my husband back only because of them."
Daijiworld thanks its readers for responding positively for the cause. We hope our readers continue to suppport our efforts to alleviate the problems of the less privileged or those who are in dire need.
Your generosity helped them too:
- Mangaluru: Thank you readers - Rs 11 lac pours in for Kinnigoli children’s education
- Thank you readers: Rs 3.8 lac pours in for 8-month old Skyler, gives him hope
- Thank you readers – Rs 11 lac pours in for Clevan, gives him hope
- Thank you readers: Rs 12 lac pours in for Smitha to help her walk again
- Mangaluru: Thank you readers - With Rs 17 lac in just 11 days, Kayyar family gets new ray of hope
- Mangaluru: Thank you - Good Samaritans help watchman's children pursue education
- Thank you readers: Your support to Belman's Wilson generates Rs 11 lac
- Thank you readers: Rs 9 lac pours in for Karkala siblings
- Udupi: Rs 20 lac in ten days : Neville's family thanks Daijiworld readers
- Rs 18 lac in 10 days: Readers give new lease of life to Jackson
- Thank you readers: Little Dithi gets Rs 20 lac for liver transplant
- Mangaluru: Thank you readers - Rs 17 lac pours in for Roshan in just two weeks
- Thank you readers: Jeevan's family gets much-needed relief
- Thank you : Bhavyashree gets timely help, shows progress in health
- Thank You : Rs 10.6 lac enhances Jyoti's confidence to live
- Thank You: Rs 12 lac in 10 days - Three orphans find new hope
- Thank You : Little Vishal Shetty gets new lease of life...
- Thank you: New hopes rekindle Bhagya's life as help pours in
- Thank you readers: Preema gets Rs 8.3 lac for life-saving treatment
- Thank You : Margaret's family gets Rs 6.12 lac to build house
- Thank you: Young Rakshitha to regain eyesight soon
- Soumya walks again - Says big 'THANK YOU' to Daijiworld readers
- Thank you: Readers pour in Rs 11.26 lac for young Kiran
- DW initiative: Foundation stone laid for Moolya's house at Bajpe
- Thank You : In 24 hours, readers assure home for this couple...
- Thank You : Soumya's family, three others get Rs 12 lac help
- Thank You : With Rs 7.61 lac, Swathi's life brightens...
- Lingappa Poojary Gets New Lease of Life - All is Well
- Daijiworld's Appeal for Lavina Generates Rs 32 Lac
- Daijiworld Campaign for Lingappa Generates Rs 5.02 Lac in 8 Hours
- Thank You : Plenty of Helping Hands for Suraksha (7) and Sushma (8)
- Mangalore : They Wanted to End their Lives, But....
- Thank You Readers: Help Pours in All Forms on Cutinha Family
- Two Special Causes, a Hundred Helping Hands - Thank You Readers
- Thank You Readers: Light in Sight for Visually Impaired Dinesh Poojary
- Acknowledgements: Duming Family Thanks Donors
- Thank You: Daijiworld Readers Raise Rs 7.23 Lac for Leena Pinto
- Ashwini Poojary: Thank You Readers, for Saving Another Life
- Mangalore : Thank You Readers - Your Support Creates Miracle...