Recipes - Hot and Sour Vegetable Soup
Onion 1 medium size
Ginger 1 inch
Garlic 2-3 cloves
Carrot ½ medium sized
Cabbage ¼ medium sized
Bamboo shoots 1 medium sized
Celery 2 stalk
Spring Onions 1 no ( greens only)
Mushrooms fresh 2 nos
French Beans 4-6 nos
Capsicum ½ medium sized
Corn Flour 2 tbsp.
Oil 2 tbsp.
Soy sauce 2 tbsp.
Sugar ½ tsp.
Ajinomoto ½ tsp.
Green chilly sauce 2 tbsp.
Salt to taste
Vinegar 2 tbsp.
White pepper powder ½ tsp
Vegetable stock or water 4-5 cups
1. Peel and finely chop onion, ginger, garlic and carrot. Wash and finely chop the cabbage, bamboo shoot, celery, spring onion and mushrooms.
2. Wash, de-seed and finely chop the capsicums. Wash, string and finely chop the French beans. Dissolve cornstarch in water and keep aside.
3. Heat oil in wok on high heat. Add garlic, onion and ginger and stir-fry briefly. Add the chopped french beans, carrot, mushrooms, bamboo shoots, celery and stir fry.
4. Add soya sauce, sugar, ajinomoto and mix. Add water or vegetable stock. Mix.
5. Add chilli sauce, cabbage and capsicum and continue to cook.
6. Add the cornstarch mix and let the soup thicken.
7. Add salt to taste, vinegar and pepper powder and take off the heat and serve hot.
For VIDEOS - Click Here