Recipes - Rice Marbles ( Gulliyo)
Raw Rice, soaked – ¼ kg
Boiled rice, soaked – ¼ kg
Milk extracted - from ½ coconut
Scraped jaggery – ¼ kg
Cardamom powder 1 tsp
Salt one pinch
Ghee or oil for frying
1. Grind the soaked rice in coconut milk, then add the jaggery and salt to taste.
2. Keep the batter thick (dry). It should be dry enough to roll small marbles ( Gulliyos).
3. If the batter becomes thin, then steam it to get the required consistency.
4. Roll small gulliyos and keep aside.
5. Heat oil or ghee and drop the gulliyos and fry till golden & crisp
6. Drain on paper.