Daijiworld Media Network - Campus Desk (Daijiworld Weekly)
Mangaluru, May 12 : The most important element while constructing a structure is to ensure that the foundation is strong and solid so that it weathers all seasons and situations. It applies in framing the future of a child too. So naturally when we plan about the admission of our wards, we take a concise decision as to which school or college he/she should be admitted, especially after the child passes out of 10th standard, which is a crucial juncture.
A recent visit of parents of a child to Vikas PU College at Airport Road, Mary Hill, Mangaluru completely changed their perspective about pre university education in Karnataka. Here are a few highlights on their visit to Vikas:
Vikas Pre-University College came into its existence in 2012.The first batch of students was about 184 boys and girls from different parts of Karnataka. Soon it became the “Talk of the Town”. In a matter of two years the number of students studying at Vikas has gone up to 700, out of which 560 are hostellers and the remaining, are day scholars. The College caters to both Science (PCMB, PCMC and PCMS)and Commerce (BASBM) streams. It has all the required infrastructure and manpower to give testimony to its success and excellence.
The facilities at a college speak volumes about how they would teach and care for their students. At Vikas, the visitors were completely taken aback by the infrastructure and facilities provided to the students.
Some of the facilities worth mentioning are as follows:
Vikas campus is spread across 4 acres of land including college, hostel and vast playground, situated on the International Airport Road, Maryhill, Mangaluru. Being just 4 km away from the Mangaluru City, Vikas campus is one of the nearest residential institutions to the city of Mangaluru. With its serene and refreshing atmosphere, the campus provides a congenial environment for education.
Class rooms are spacious, well furnished with comfortable benches and desks, scientifically designed to provide maximum comfort to students. All the class rooms are air- conditioned to beat the summer heat and increase efficiency during the class room exercises. Class rooms are adequately ventilated and illuminated provided with dust free chalks, black & white boards, LCD projectors with required audio Visual setup. In order to deliver personalized attention, only 60 students are allotted per classroom.
Science subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Computer Science are provided with well equipped laboratories. All the labs are also spacious, with adequate lighting and ventilation. All the required instruments and specimens for the conduct of the practicals have been procured; safety measures have also been taken into consideration. All the labs are maintained and supervised by qualified lab technicians and professors.
Vikas PU College has an exhaustive library with books related to Academics, General Knowledge, Books for various competitive exams, Biographies, Magazines besides daily newspapers and magazines for the students. A separate virtual library with uninterrupted Internet facility is available. The Library is managed by qualified and experienced librarians and assistants to help the staff and students gain easy access to all kinds of reading material. Students can avail the facility from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm on all the days.
Vikas management believes that teachers are the life of the subjects and learning is a continuous process. Hence the best teachers who have excelled both in their qualification and experience are assigned the right jobs. They keep updating the knowledge and are extremely resourceful; they are motivated, dedicated and committed. They make learning an experience so that students enjoy the classes and get enriched with knowledge. The faculty members are regularly exposed to both academic and HR workshops so that they get all the necessary skills to get the desired behavioral change in students. Students at Vikas are trained for CET, JEE and other All India Entrance Examinations.
STUDENT WELFARE OFFICERS (SWOs) and COUNSELLORS:
SWOs and Counselors are made available round the clock. They are experienced, qualified and committed to deal with behavioral science. Career Guidance helps students find out the available options according to their interests and ambitions. The SWOs and Counselors bridge the gap between the parents, teachers and the management.
The hostel is undoubtedly the star attraction of Vikas, be it plush well furnished rooms to the best quality food even tasted and certified by The 3 Hungry Men (India’s top food critics), Vikas hostel has it all.
Salient Features of Boys and Girls Hostel
• Well furnished, separate hostels for boys and girls
• Each room furnished with individual beds, foam mattress, wardrobes
• Study tables with study lamp, book shelves, chairs etc.
• Attached bathrooms with modern amenities
• Free laundry service for commonly provided clothes
• Separate wardens for boys and girls hostel
• Water coolers fitted with Aquaguard in each floor
• STD / Coin box phone, news papers for each hostel
• 24×7 hot and cold water facility
• 20 KVA generators for uninterrupted power supply
• Quality House-keeping service by professionals
• Health centre in the campus with doctors on call.
• Residential hostel managers
• 24x7 Security at the entrance of the each block
• Big dining hall accommodating 250 students with modern kitchen equipment’s at a time, in boys mess and 200 students at a time in girls mess
• Delicious and well balanced nutrition, vegetarian South Indian & North Indian style food as per menu prepared by student representatives
• Utility shop inside the hostel for routine stationery and refreshments
• Anti-Ragging Committee & squad & mentoring cell to ensure the campus is Ragging Free
• Telephone numbers of all Wardens, Chief Warden, HOD’s, Principal & other important officers and staffs are provided to each & every student of first year during the orientation program.
• College bus is provided during weekly outings
• Student Welfare Officer visits the hostels on regular basis to ensure students are comfortable
• Entire hostel is protected from fire hazards. Fire extinguishers & modern fire-fighting systems are installed in each floor
• SwacchVikas Award, every month to inculcate the value of cleanliness among students
• Students are allowed to go for outings only with permission from parents or Wardens
• Indoor and Outdoor games for recreational purposes.
If you believe that education requires a holistic approach, then Vikas is definitely the place to be.
Education is, no doubt, the basic right for all of us, but quality education is the need of the hour. The enthusiasm and the farsightedness of everyone at Vikas is all the assurance you need.
Seeing is believing, so you may see for yourself. Please make it a point to visit our campus any day, from 9am- 5pm. The visit will definitely be a life changing experience for you.
For admissions, contact
Colin DSouza, Administrator
Or other related enquiries, Contact
Vikas Pre University College
Airport Road, Maryhill, Mangaluru-575008
Ph: 0824 2210300/301. Fax: 0924 2210302
VIKAS PU COLLEGE HAS COACHING TIE UP FOR BOARD, CET AND OTHER ENTRANCE EXAMINATIONS WITH EXPERT COACHING CLASSES, MANGALURU.