Shivamogga: Youth injured after mobile phone in pocket explodes while riding


Daijiworld Media Network - Shivamogga (SP)

Shivamogga, Sep 17: In an incident which happened on Wednesday September 16 near the pond of Kuppagadde village in the district, a bike rider was injured after the mobile phone that he had placed in the pocket of his trousers exploded.

B Sharat (22), a resident of Tavanandi village, was injured in the incident. The mobile phone suddenly burst when he was moving to Kuppagadde from his village in his bike. The youth, taken aback, lost his balance and fell into the pond along with the two-wheeler.

Luckily no loss of lives occurred in this incident.

Sharat, who suffered serious injuries to his right thigh, is being treated at the government hospital in the city. Reportedly, the phone which blasted was made in China and Sharat had bought it from a showroom at Bengaluru.

The incident happened within the limits of Anavatti police station.

  

Comment on this article

  • Rita, Germany

    Fri, Sep 18 2020

    Thank God no serious injuries happened.Such incident(Accidents) happen mostly not due to smartphones but imitation batteris from china. Here too such incidents happened.many let phones load at night whole night.because they are lowcost batteries ,people buy them .what china is making with peoples life with low cost things,is horrible.avoid loading whole night.batteries get hot .

    DisAgree Agree Reply Report Abuse

  • saquib, byndoor

    Thu, Sep 17 2020

    rare case, but v should b careful.
    no problem we have banned some apps

    DisAgree Agree [4] Reply Report Abuse

  • H. Almeida., Bendur/Andheri

    Thu, Sep 17 2020

    This is certainly a spurious handset. Millions are using cell phones.... This appears to be a rarest of the rare cases, but also serves as a warning, to all potential customers, kindly do not buy cheap products, which are freely available in the market !!!

    DisAgree [1] Agree [2] Reply Report Abuse

  • Evans C. Sumitra, Udupi/ New York, USA.

    Thu, Sep 17 2020

    My cell phone too exploded when I was in New York. But it exploded on my desk and there was no injury. Cell phones ( mobile phones) should never be kept in the front shirt pocket.

    DisAgree Agree [4] Reply Report Abuse

  • S.F.H, Indian

    Thu, Sep 17 2020

    Make in india gone for holiday, Atmanirbhar will follow soon...

    DisAgree [5] Agree [5] Reply Report Abuse

  • Af,,, MANGALORE

    Thu, Sep 17 2020

    Many people are sleeping with thier mobile during nights

    DisAgree Agree [9] Reply Report Abuse

  • Ravi,, Udyavara

    Thu, Sep 17 2020

    90% of World's mobile phone batteries are made in China ...

    DisAgree [1] Agree [28] Reply Report Abuse

  • Evans C. Sumitra, Udupi/ New York, USA.

    Thu, Sep 17 2020

    Ravi, Udyawara, You are absolutely right. There is no doubt about it.

    DisAgree Agree [4] Reply Report Abuse

  • Dylan, Mangalore

    Thu, Sep 17 2020

    What happened to make in India, only election manifesto.

    DisAgree [25] Agree [48] Reply Report Abuse

  • nitheesh, karkala

    Thu, Sep 17 2020

    samsung has already started a manufacturing unit which is being billed as the world's largest mobile phone production unit in terms of number of devices rolled out every month in noida. Xiamo ( even though its china based) already has its manufacturing unit at (gudurAP).

    DisAgree Agree [1] Reply Report Abuse


LEAVE A COMMENT

Title : Shivamogga: Youth injured after mobile phone in pocket explodes while riding


 
 
 
 

 
You have 2000 characters left.

Disclaimer:

Please write your correct name and email address. Kindly do not post any personal, abusive, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, discriminatory or unlawful or similar comments. Daijiworld.com will not be responsible for any defamatory message posted under this article.

Please note that sending false messages to insult, defame, intimidate, mislead or deceive people or to intentionally cause public disorder is punishable under law. It is obligatory on Daijiworld to provide the IP address and other details of senders of such comments, to the authority concerned upon request.

Hence, sending offensive comments using daijiworld will be purely at your own risk, and in no way will Daijiworld.com be held responsible.


Security Validation

Enter the characters in the image