NCP Sharad Pawar camp rules out merger with Ajit Pawar-led faction, ends speculation


Daijiworld Media Network - Mumbai

Mumbai, May 20: The Sharad Pawar-led Nationalist Congress Party (NCP-SP) on Wednesday firmly dismissed all speculation regarding a possible merger with the faction headed by Ajit Pawar, stating that no reconciliation talks are underway and the matter is “completely closed”.

Maharashtra NCP-SP president Shashikant Shinde made the announcement after a high-level party meeting chaired by veteran leader Sharad Pawar. He said the idea of reunification between the two factions was no longer under consideration.

“There is absolutely no discussion regarding a merger. The topic is completely over,” Shinde told reporters, adding that the party would now focus on strengthening its organisational structure instead.

The meeting, attended by senior leaders including Supriya Sule and Jayant Patil, reportedly saw a consensus to put an end to rumours that had been circulating within party circles and among workers about a possible reunification.

Party insiders said several leaders had earlier urged the leadership to clarify its stand to remove confusion at the grassroots level. The leadership has now formally ruled out any merger with the Ajit Pawar-led group.

Instead, the NCP-SP leadership announced that it would intensify its political activities as an Opposition force in Maharashtra, focusing on issues such as farmer distress, rising prices of essential commodities, fuel shortages, and alleged irregularities in competitive examinations like NEET.

Shinde said the party’s priority now is to build a stronger organisational base and mount a more aggressive Opposition campaign against the ruling BJP-led Mahayuti government in the state.

While Sharad Pawar did not directly address the merger speculation during the meeting, the decision was taken in his presence, which party leaders say reflects broad agreement within the leadership.

The announcement comes after repeated speculation about a possible reconciliation between the two NCP factions. However, the latest statement effectively ends those discussions and confirms that both groups will continue to function independently in Maharashtra’s political landscape going forward.

  

Top Stories


Leave a Comment

Title: NCP Sharad Pawar camp rules out merger with Ajit Pawar-led faction, ends speculation



You have 2000 characters left.

Disclaimer:

Please write your correct name and email address. Kindly do not post any personal, abusive, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, discriminatory or unlawful or similar comments. Daijiworld.com will not be responsible for any defamatory message posted under this article.

Please note that sending false messages to insult, defame, intimidate, mislead or deceive people or to intentionally cause public disorder is punishable under law. It is obligatory on Daijiworld to provide the IP address and other details of senders of such comments, to the authority concerned upon request.

Hence, sending offensive comments using daijiworld will be purely at your own risk, and in no way will Daijiworld.com be held responsible.