Daijiworld Media Network - Mangaluru (SS)
Mangaluru, June 22: A fire accident was reported at a cotton godown and a manufacturing unit near the gram panchayat office in Toudugoli cross of Narimgana village on Tuesday evening resulting in an estimated loss of Rs 8 lac worth of goods.
The cotton godown and manufacturing unit was owned by a Ullal-based industrialist, Nouman.
The godown and the unit caught fire accidentally. Despite the best efforts made by the locals the fire could not be doused.
By the time firefighting force had arrived from Pandeshwara, the godown and the unit were gutted.
The Konaje police, along with the fire force personnel, conducted a spot inspection.
Konaje police have registered a case.