News headlines

Mangalore: Express Bus from Udupi Catches Fire - Passengers Safe

Daijiworld Media Network – Mangalore (MM/RD)
Pics: Sphoorti Ullal

Mangalore, Jul 12: Fire broke out in the engine chamber of a moving bus at Baikampady near here, on Thursday July 12. afternoon.

The 'Bharati' express bus was plying on Udupi to Mangalore route, when the fire, caused by an electrical short circuit, was detected in the battery compartment.

However, fire brigade personnel rushed to the spot and managed to extinguish the fire before it could do much damage to the engine and cause any hurt to passengers.

No injury has been reported, sources added.


Top Stories

Comment on this article

  • Shrinath Shet, Udupi / Muscat

    Sun, Jul 15 2007

    Nice rescue operation by the Fire Brigade Officers & team...Well done...

    DisAgree Agree Reply Report Abuse

  • Purushottama, Byndoor

    Sat, Jul 14 2007

    I had heard that the space shuttles when they re enter the earths atmosphere are said to catch fire due to great velocity and thats why they have shields. Whether our buses are also running at great velocity and have friction with the atmosphere which might have caused fire ?

    DisAgree Agree Reply Report Abuse

Leave a Comment

Title: News headlines

You have 2000 characters left.


Please write your correct name and email address. Kindly do not post any personal, abusive, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, discriminatory or unlawful or similar comments. will not be responsible for any defamatory message posted under this article.

Please note that sending false messages to insult, defame, intimidate, mislead or deceive people or to intentionally cause public disorder is punishable under law. It is obligatory on Daijiworld to provide the IP address and other details of senders of such comments, to the authority concerned upon request.

Hence, sending offensive comments using daijiworld will be purely at your own risk, and in no way will be held responsible.