Mangaluru: Eight-year-old boy dies after choking on chocolate


Daijiworld Media Network - Mangaluru (MS)

Mangaluru, Aug 9: In a tragic incident, a boy died after choking on a chocolate at Ucchila Gudda of Someshwar village near here on Sunday August 9.

The deceased has been identified as Faizan (8), grandson of Cycle Ibrahim and son of Rahim..

The chocolate got stuck in his throat and choked him, sources said.

Faizan was rushed to hospital, however, he passed away on the way, locals said.

More details awaited.

  

Top Stories

Comment on this article

  • J.F D SOUZA, Attavar, Mangalore

    Mon, Aug 10 2020

    Giving chocolates to children is OK. But parents specially mother should give some hints to children how to eat and chew, swallow etc. First of all home itself is the place where everything should be taught first. next teacher in school. Some children eat chocolate or anything in a hurry-burry manner which is dangerous. Anyway RIP

    DisAgree [4] Agree [11] Reply Report Abuse

  • mrs,a.f.dsouza,, kundapura/mumbai.

    Mon, Aug 10 2020

    arif udupi, your explanation not understood by me. please demonstrate it clearly. it would help in the future.

    DisAgree [3] Agree [1] Reply Report Abuse

  • Ashok, Mangalore

    Mon, Aug 10 2020

    Mrs. D'Souza,

    Please google "heimlich manoeuvre" and see some videos. It is very important people know this life saving tricks including CPR.

    I remember, in my teens, I challenged (foolish) that i would swallow a vert small but whole banana and I choked. Some gave few good claps on back/neck (like Rita said) and saved me. They did not do proper "heimlich manoeuvre" but it worked.

    DisAgree Agree [5] Reply Report Abuse

  • KV Kamath, Mangalore

    Sun, Aug 9 2020

    Sad.

    DisAgree Agree [2] Reply Report Abuse

  • Rama, USA

    Sun, Aug 9 2020

    Sad to see a young life lost. The parents must be really suffering from grief. Hope they are able to cope with terrible tragedy. Rest In Peace little angel.

    DisAgree Agree [22] Reply Report Abuse

  • krishna, mumbai /moodbidri

    Sun, Aug 9 2020

    Rest in peace dear faizan...

    DisAgree [1] Agree [23] Reply Report Abuse

  • Loraine, Udupi

    Sun, Aug 9 2020

    Indeed a very sad incident. RIP little angel. Unforeseen incidents still keep coming from all over the world. The recent pandemic and the tra aircraft keep haunting us from time to time. In the light of this accident s due to bad weather,natural disasters due to landslides are all in the news. May be a little knowledge about the product if shared could help prevent future adversities. Feel sorry for the dear parents to lose their little angel in a freak accident.

    DisAgree [2] Agree [25] Reply Report Abuse

  • Anthony D'Souza, Karnataka, Udupi

    Sun, Aug 9 2020

    OMG its really a great sad news, may Almighty God give his parents great strength to bear the loss....!!! RIP..

    Police should do thorough check because in the market everything is available in duplicate with famous companies brands name....

    DisAgree [11] Agree [24] Reply Report Abuse

  • Rita, Germany

    Sun, Aug 9 2020

    AntonyD souza karnataka,udipi,Anotny write something realstic.dont put the blame on market and Police.people are free to buy or not.when boy get choked ,first thing one do before rushing to hospital which costs valueable time,simply hold the boys upside down holding his legs,give a claps on back,and put your finger in his mouth ,so that he gets some air to breath widening his throat.automatically whatever in mouth or on the way to lungs will try to comeout .when already in lungs also this will help to a certain amount and he mostly cough up.Sad this little boy got choked and died.Heartfelt sympathy to the parents.

    DisAgree [4] Agree [32] Reply Report Abuse

  • Monty Dotor, Mangalore

    Sun, Aug 9 2020

    It is a sad event.
    Prevention is better than cure.
    Parents should teach children to chew edible things properly and not to talk or play while eating.
    I have seen children as well as adults tossing groundnuts in the air and catching them in their mouth rather than placing them in the mouth.This is dangerous as the air passage (pharynx,larynx and bronchus ) are in a straight line and foreign bodies can easily enter the air passage.

    DisAgree Agree [27] Reply Report Abuse

  • Anthony, Mangalore

    Sun, Aug 9 2020

    It would’ve been a basic first aid skill if one knew it who was around him. Education ministry must make it mandatory for every kid to learn it before the age of 15. R I P.

    DisAgree [2] Agree [32] Reply Report Abuse

  • Prakash, Mangalore

    Sun, Aug 9 2020

    Sorry to read this sad news. Faizan, R.I.P. condolence to his family members.

    DisAgree [1] Agree [25] Reply Report Abuse

  • Kabir, Dubai

    Sun, Aug 9 2020

    RIP

    DisAgree [2] Agree [20] Reply Report Abuse

  • Arif, Udupi

    Sun, Aug 9 2020

    Inna Lillahi Wa Inna Ilaihi Rajivoon. Very sad to hear. Whoever took him to hospital could have saved him if they knew how to operate a choked kid. It is very simple, just make kid up head lean down to ground and hit back side and choked item will be come off and then they could have saved him or either they could have done this while taking him to the hospital. This shows one should have the knowledge of giving first aid treatement in all kind of incidents. May Allah give strength to this parents and family to bear this loss.

    DisAgree [7] Agree [41] Reply Report Abuse

  • Sanjay, Hebri

    Sun, Aug 9 2020

    We should make emergency first aid compulsory subject form above 7th std, it can save lot of lives.

    DisAgree [2] Agree [34] Reply Report Abuse

  • Gulshan Sheikh, Mangalore

    Sun, Aug 9 2020

    Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi rajioon

    DisAgree [6] Agree [18] Reply Report Abuse

  • Jessy Pinto, Kulshekar

    Sun, Aug 9 2020

    So sorry to read this news. My heartfelt condolences to the bereaved family of this Angel Boy 👦

    DisAgree [2] Agree [24] Reply Report Abuse

  • Jaya Shetty, Karkala

    Sun, Aug 9 2020

    Very saddened to hear this news
    R.I.P

    DisAgree [3] Agree [20] Reply Report Abuse

  • Flavian, Mangaluru/Kuwait

    Sun, Aug 9 2020

    Chocolate bars (different brands) are delicious but children are tempted to have such chocolates without breaking or making smaller pieces and increase the risk of encountering choking incidents.
    Such a lovely, good looking boy !
    What a loss for the parents and the family members.
    Words cannot sooth their grief. so sorrowful indeed.

    DisAgree [1] Agree [51] Reply Report Abuse

  • Jossey Saldanha, Mumbai

    Sun, Aug 9 2020

    Rest in Peace ...

    DisAgree [3] Agree [33] Reply Report Abuse

  • Rajesh. D., Manglore, Dubai.

    Sun, Aug 9 2020

    RIP Faizan

    Our school books state how the kings lived 2,500 years ago & how rich they were but failed to teach the basic health & safety issues like how to deal with choking incident & with depressed or psychiatric patients at home & in community etc.

    DisAgree [16] Agree [100] Reply Report Abuse


LEAVE A COMMENT

Title : Mangaluru: Eight-year-old boy dies after choking on chocolate


 
 
 
 

 
You have 2000 characters left.

Disclaimer:

Please write your correct name and email address. Kindly do not post any personal, abusive, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, discriminatory or unlawful or similar comments. Daijiworld.com will not be responsible for any defamatory message posted under this article.

Please note that sending false messages to insult, defame, intimidate, mislead or deceive people or to intentionally cause public disorder is punishable under law. It is obligatory on Daijiworld to provide the IP address and other details of senders of such comments, to the authority concerned upon request.

Hence, sending offensive comments using daijiworld will be purely at your own risk, and in no way will Daijiworld.com be held responsible.


Security Validation

Enter the characters in the image