Beltangady: Eight students who drank well water fall sick, hospitalized


Daijiworld Media Network – Beltangady (EP) 

Beltangady, Dec 2: Eight students of government school at Perla, Shibaje village within Dharmasthala police station limits, who drank water from open well near the school started vomiting and suffered stomach pain on Monday. December 2. 

The teachers and school management committee members admitted four of the students to Beltangady government hospital and the remaining four students to SDM hospital, Ujire. 

The children are said to be out of danger. 


Representational photo

Beltangady police circle inspector visited the spot and conducted inspection. Samples of the well water have been sent for laboratory tests. 

A police case will be registered and investigations will be conducted after the report is received, informed the sources.          

 

  

Top Stories

Comment on this article

  • J.F. D SOUZA, MANGALORE

    Tue, Dec 3 2019

    What a perverted miiiind and eccentric behaviour to do such a stupid act in killing somebodys lives. Punish the accused and jail them for 20 years.

    DisAgree Agree Reply Report Abuse

  • YOGI THUNTA, MANGALURU - NEAR PUMPWELL CIRCLE

    Tue, Dec 3 2019

    The public health department in our state is sleeping and getting the salary for nothing ! they should conduct a survey after the RAIN Stops which creates havoc in the specifically RURAL areas concerned. Our Priest, MULLA and Poojary only concerned about their religion not the people who suppose to be teach the real time problems in life and how to over come from that !! Praying is not enough as the god has given wonderful machine called BRAIN !!

    DisAgree Agree Reply Report Abuse

  • Charles D'Mello, Pangala

    Mon, Dec 2 2019

    I have never heard of well water becoming poisonous (Even if a very poisonous cobra has fallen in the well) due to its own nature. But in this accident there must be a hand of a human being who is more poisonous than Cobra .....!!!!???

    DisAgree [3] Agree [5] Reply Report Abuse

  • jyothi, Ullal

    Wed, Dec 4 2019

    Many well water poisoned just because of Big Apartments where there is no drianage facility. In Thokkottu and Ullal there is no drainage facility. Many builders dumping the waste water, toilet water under the ground . Waste water moving to near the well and bore (under ground) and all well water and bore water become poisoning. we are facing problem at Ullal, near Masco Elite apartment, Ombathukere, Ullal. Even apartment people also drinking same water. And also near the flat all the people drinking same poison water. Poor people they don't know this. we are facing this problem in our well. Already complaint lodged. We are fighting from 10 months.

    DisAgree Agree Reply Report Abuse

  • ca girishkk, m'lore/dxb

    Mon, Dec 2 2019

    once again an un-toward incidence in a so called nationalists zone....!!!! one or other thing keep happening.., a kind of phobia zone....!!!

    Only LORD BRAHMA can save them...!!!


    jh
    jai hind..,

    DisAgree [2] Agree [6] Reply Report Abuse


LEAVE A COMMENT

Title : Beltangady: Eight students who drank well water fall sick, hospitalized


 
 
 
 

 
You have 2000 characters left.

Disclaimer:

Please write your correct name and email address. Kindly do not post any personal, abusive, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, discriminatory or unlawful or similar comments. Daijiworld.com will not be responsible for any defamatory message posted under this article.

Please note that sending false messages to insult, defame, intimidate, mislead or deceive people or to intentionally cause public disorder is punishable under law. It is obligatory on Daijiworld to provide the IP address and other details of senders of such comments, to the authority concerned upon request.

Hence, sending offensive comments using daijiworld will be purely at your own risk, and in no way will Daijiworld.com be held responsible.


Security Validation

Enter the characters in the image