Daijiworld Media Network - Mangaluru
Mangaluru, Jan 22: Possessing a physical disability doesn’t necessarily restrain someone from going beyond their innate capabilities in achieving something worthwhile, that even a normal person would otherwise struggle to achieve.
With a strong belief in the above conviction, Daijiworld Weekly, the only English weekly published from Karnataka, initiated the 'Swabhiman Award' for the differently-abled achievers during its second anniversary in June 2011.
During a programme at Shanti Kiran Bajjodi, Padmabushan B M Hegde felicitated seven persons, all differently-abled.They were Mohammed Iqbal, Sudharatna KS,Wilfred Valerian Gomes, Fr Ivan Madtha, Boniface Prabhu, Zena Colaco, and Aruna Kumari Manipal.
In the second season, Daijiworld Weekly, to mark its 5th anniversary presented Swabhiman Awards on June 18, 2014 at the Town Hall, to Anjana Devi, Calistus D’Sa, Hameed and Lathif, Jagadish Poojary, Neha Rai Puttur, and Sabita Monis, Beltangady.
Swabhiman Awards, 2017
Now in its 8th year, Daijiworld Weekly invites nominations for the Swabhiman Award from persons of Indian origin hailing from the coastal districts of Dakshina Kannada and Udupi, belonging to any age group, caste or community or language. Persons who despite of their physical disability have overcome and achieved something of significance, which may become an worthy example of emulation.
The persons themselves or their well wishers may nominate prospective candidates, by furnishing minimum documentary evidence in support of their candidature. The documents should confirm their personal identity, place of origin, type of disability and any evidence of achievement of the candidate. A photograph of the candidate has to be submitted with full postal address and contact details.
The jury, appointed by the weekly - eminent personalities from different professions, shall verify the facts before finalizing the award. As was done previously, they may decide to carry out the audits to verify and confirm the stated facts at any location, if required.
Please note a few requirements, before sending the nominations:
1. The person must provide a recent photograph along with documentary evidence that he/she has a physical disability.
2. Should be of Indian origin, hailing from the coastal districts of Dakshina Kannada and Udupi.
3. They may belong to any community or to any age group, but should have proven record/evidence of any unique achievement in spite of disability.
4. Nominations may be sent by the person or by a well-wisher.
5. Nomination may be sent through post/email/courier (see details below)
6. Last date to receive nomination – February 28, 2017.
7. Awards will be presented during Daijiworld weekly 8th anniversary in Mangaluru in June this year.
8. The decision of the jury members will be final and binding on all.
Daijiworld Publications Pvt. Ltd.
Daijiworld Corporate office, Daijiworld Residency,
Airport Road, Bondel,
Mangalore – 575 008,
Dakshina Kannada District, Karnataka State
Please specify – Ref :Nomination for Swabhiman Award - on envelope
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel. - 0824 298 2028