New Delhi, Dec 2: He may have made many bowlers lose their sleep by his explosive batting but Sachin Tendulkar could not close his eyes on the night the terror struck Mumbai, so disturbed was he.
"Right after the match, we got to know of the attack and since then I have been disturbed. I have been tracking the horrific images of mayhem on television. It saddened me to see my countrymen being targeted. I couldn't sleep all this time. I am numb, the images keep playing in my head," Tendulkar said.
"This was just not an attack on Mumbai; it is an attack on India," he added.
Tendulkar saluted the security persons who risked their lives to save the people of Mumbai.
"I thank the brave soldiers, the NSG commandos, marine commandos, Mumbai police, fire brigade personnel, the staff of the affected hotel and the innumerable officers and jawans who stood in the line of fire. I salute you," he said.