New Delhi, Nov 3: Nagpur police said that extra security cover will be provided to the master blaster Sachin Tendulkar due to possible threat from Jaish-e-Mohammed. India will be playing the final test on November 6 in Nagpur. Currently, Sachin Tendulkar is with the team in Nagpur.
Nagpur Police Commissioner, Pravin Dixit said, "We have received information from the Centre on a possible threat to Sachin Tendulkar from Jaish-e-Mohammed. Following which we have tightened the security in and around the stadium and have provided extra cover for Sachin."
Earlier, Sachin had clearly stated that he was relatively safe in India, which now stands questioned after the news of a possible threat.
He had said, "I don't think, it bothers us. It is our home-land, in our homeland, no one can harm us. We've got full confidence that nothing bad and untoward will happen during the series. This is our home-land, so we should feel free to move wherever and whenever we want to."
Sachin Tendulkar has already walked into the record books by overtaking another famous name -- West Indian Brian Lara -- as Test cricket's highest run-getter at Mohali in the second Test won handsomely by the hosts to go 1-0 up in the Border-Gavaskar series.
The champion batsman is also set to complete 100 catches, having pouched 99 so far in 153 Tests, and has 90 scores of fifty and above, inclusive of 39 centuries, and is on par with Australian great Allan Border.
Sachin has received terror threats earlier as well. In 2007, there were intelligence reports of terrorists planning to attack an India-West Indies One-Day International venue at Barabati Stadium in Cuttack where the teams played the second match on January 24.