Jane Ida Pinto - Muscat
Daijiworld News Network Muscat
Muscat, Oct 10: After the thundering success of the first ever Konkani Dance Competition in Muscat, the Mangalorean Catholic Center of the Parish, MCCP (Sts. Peter & Paul Church – Ruwi) are geared up to host one more challenging, entertaining and a complete Konkani singing competition. The Annual Konkani Singing Competition 2006 will be held on 13.10.2006 at 12.00 noon in the Main Parish Hall. The official sponsors for this annual event are Mr. and Mrs. Rudolf Beryl Rodrigues and Fly, Mr. & Mrs. Sunil Sunila D’Souza & Fly and Jotun Paints.
Event will start with the competitions for Group A participants and continue with Group B, C, D, E and F.
The officials of MCCP have announced the following rules for the competition and requested the members to register their names before the deadline.
General Rules for Konkani Singing Competition:
1. Singing Competition to be held on Friday, 13.10.2006 in the Main Parish Hall from 12.00 noon.
2. Songs will be in KONKANI and solo only. No religious songs or hymns will be permitted.
3. Participants should be present fifteen minutes prior to the competition at the venue.
4. Children participating in the competition will be divided into six groups, as mentioned below.
5. Time duration: 3 minutes. Half minute grace period will be given, however, after this duration, the participant will be disqualified.
6. A participant can be accompanied by one musician only.
7. Electronic musical instruments are not allowed during the competition.
8. The accompanying musician will not be entitled for any prize.
9. Entries should be submitted to Mrs. Bernadine Aranha, Telephone 99 598 220 (8.00 am to 1.00 pm and 7.00 pm to 9.00 pm) or Mrs. Sandra Correa – 24 787 991 or 92 354 338 on or before 11.10.2006 ( 9.00 pm), after which no entries will be entertained.
10. There will be three winners in each group. However, organizers reserve the right to reduce the number of prizes if adequate participants are not registered for the particular group.
11. Prize Distribution will be held during the Mangalorean Day Celebrations.
12. Decision by the nominated Judge/s will be final and no further correspondence of any nature will be entertained by the Executive committee.
Groups for the Competition:
A KG I AND KG II
B STDS I AND II
C STDS III AND IV
D STDS V AND VI
E STDS VII AND VIII
F STDS IX, X, XI AND XII