Mumbai, Jun 14: A designated TADA court on Tuesday rejected gangster Abu Salem's charge that conditions for his extradition to India for trial were violated and ordered that his trial would be separated from that of 123 accused in the 1993 Mumbai serial bomb blast case.
The order was delivered by designated Judge P Kode who rejected Salem's petition urging for a joint trial the other accused.
The judge also rejected Salem's plea that extradition conditions had been violated by CBI as they had wrongly applied the charges on him in the 1993 bomb blast case.
The court said Salem had been correctly charged with participating in the conspiracy to create bomb blasts in Mumbai in 1993 and transporting as well as distributing arms and ammunition to the co-accused prior to the serial explosions.
The judge also held that in future if any absconding accused in the case was arrested or extradited from a foreign country his trial would be separated from that of the 123 accused.
The judge also said he would decide on July 3 the date of the judgement in the bomb blast case.