Daijiworld Media Network - Tehran
Tehran, Aug 23: Iranian President Masoud Pezeshkian has said the country is facing a “full-scale economic, military and security war”, while acknowledging serious economic difficulties and vowing that his government would continue working to support the people.
Speaking in a televised address, Pezeshkian said Iran was confronting intense pressure and sanctions while attempting to maintain essential services and protect the country's interests. He said the government was “ashamed” that significant economic problems continued to affect the people.
Pezeshkian also criticised US President Donald Trump's threats to impose what Washington has described as severe sanctions on Iran.

“Trump easily says that they will impose the most crushing or the most terrible sanctions on Iran,” Pezeshkian said, adding that Iran was continuing to stand firm and serve its people despite what he described as an unequal confrontation.
The Iranian president said the country had already endured war, sanctions and various forms of pressure, along with serious challenges affecting water, electricity, gas, fuel, the environment and the banking system.
Pezeshkian maintained that despite the pressure, Iran had not collapsed as some of its opponents had expected. He praised what he described as the resilience and unity of the Iranian people and said the government would continue working to improve living conditions and overcome the country's current crises.
His remarks come amid heightened tensions between Tehran and Washington and continued pressure on Iran's economy. The Iranian leadership has repeatedly rejected demands for surrender or major concessions, while the United States has threatened further economic measures.
Pezeshkian said his government would continue its efforts despite the difficulties, stressing that it would remain focused on serving the Iranian people and navigating the country through the ongoing crisis.