60-year old man killed due to toxic fumes in Mumbai highrise fire

Mumbai, Sep 23 (IANS): A 60-year-old man was killed by asphyxiation in a fire that broke out on the upper floors of a 15-storied building in Dadar, here on Saturday morning, the BMC Disaster Control said.

The blaze occurred around 8.35 am on the 13th floor of the Raintree Building in Dadar Hindu Colony, sparked panic among the people living on the higher floors.

A team of Mumbai Fire Brigade rushed there, even as some locals attempted to help out the residents, as thick clouds of smoke were seen above the building, said an eyewitness.

One person - identified as Sachin Patkar, 60 - who suffered breathing problems due to inhaling the toxic fumes was rushed to the Sion Hospital around 9.50, but was declared dead on admission.

The cause of the blaze and details of other casualties are not known and the fire-fighting operations continue.


Top Stories

Leave a Comment

Title: 60-year old man killed due to toxic fumes in Mumbai highrise fire

You have 2000 characters left.


Please write your correct name and email address. Kindly do not post any personal, abusive, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, discriminatory or unlawful or similar comments. Daijiworld.com will not be responsible for any defamatory message posted under this article.

Please note that sending false messages to insult, defame, intimidate, mislead or deceive people or to intentionally cause public disorder is punishable under law. It is obligatory on Daijiworld to provide the IP address and other details of senders of such comments, to the authority concerned upon request.

Hence, sending offensive comments using daijiworld will be purely at your own risk, and in no way will Daijiworld.com be held responsible.