Daijiworld Media Network – Bantwal (MS)
Bantwal, Jun 9: In a tragic incident that occurred at Malayibettu under rural police station limits, a man got electrocuted while he was removing areca nuts from the tree on Friday June 9.
The deceased is identified as Shafi (28), son of Ibrahim, a resident of Boliyaru village. The incident took place when Shafi was removing the areca nuts from the arecanut tree of Moosabba, a resident of Sajipa Munnuru village.
It is said that Shafi was into arecanut trading for many years. He used to take the areca nut trees on lease and pluck the arecanut when it was harvest time. This year, he had bought a long handle fibre hook to pluck areca nuts that costs thousands of rupees.
Shafi was trying to remove the arecanut with the new hook, while he lost control and the hook came in touch with the LT wire that was passing through the road on the side of the farm. An iron knife that was fixed on the top of the hook touched the LT wire and electrocuted Shafi killing him instantly.
Village accountant of Sajipamunnuru Swati, officials of Mescom and rural police visited the spot.