Sisters burnt to death after falling into tub of hot rice residue in Jharkhand

Ranchi, Dec 7 (IANS): Two sisters were burnt to death after they fell into a tub filled with hot water in a government middle school in Tarhasi block in Palamu district of Jharkhand.

Both the victims were daughters of a local villager named Parmeshwar Sahu and were admitted to RIMS, Ranchi for treatment. The younger sister, identified as Beauty Kumari succumbed to her injuries late on Tuesday evening and elder sister Shibu passed away on Wednesday morning.

According to sources, hot water (maad) of rice was kept in an open tub after the mid-day meal was cooked in Chhechani Middle School of Sellari Panchayat situated near an Anganwadi centre.

The incident took place on November 24 when the victims who studied in the centre wandered near the school ground while playing and fell into the tub.

They were first admitted to MRMCH, Medininagar after which they were taken to RIMS in view of their serious condition.

The district administration provided an assistance of Rs 50,000 for their treatment.

After the incident, Block Education Extension Officer Parmeshwar Sahu removed the school's Secretary and Principal Uma Devi from the principal's post while issuing a show cause notice.

Shobha Devi, the mid-day meal coordinator and the cooks, Kalo Devi and Savita Devi have been relieved of their duties.

Preliminary investigation revealed that the incident took place due to the negligence of the school management.



Top Stories

Comment on this article

  • Rita, Germany

    Thu, Dec 08 2022

    Of course it is a terrific case of negligence from school management.Very sad.That too both girls from same house.How can they keep a hot tub of rice water on the grounds of school playing ground?It is mystery for me that both girls /sisters fell in that tub.However pray family may have enough strenght to bear the pain by lossof two children.It is not enough workers to dismiss from job or others ,but make them to answer and punishment too.May these souls rest in peace.Negligence at the highest point.

    DisAgree Agree [2] Reply Report Abuse

Leave a Comment

Title: Sisters burnt to death after falling into tub of hot rice residue in Jharkhand

You have 2000 characters left.


Please write your correct name and email address. Kindly do not post any personal, abusive, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, discriminatory or unlawful or similar comments. will not be responsible for any defamatory message posted under this article.

Please note that sending false messages to insult, defame, intimidate, mislead or deceive people or to intentionally cause public disorder is punishable under law. It is obligatory on Daijiworld to provide the IP address and other details of senders of such comments, to the authority concerned upon request.

Hence, sending offensive comments using daijiworld will be purely at your own risk, and in no way will be held responsible.