Mumbai: Man electrocuted after touching electric pole


Daijiworld Media Network - Mumbai

Mumbai, Aug 4: Following the heavy overnight rains in Mumbai, a person got electrocuted after accidentally touching an electric pole on Tuesday, August 4 in Thane city, the police said.

The incident occurred at Ghobunder Road when the man was supposedly standing near a temple in Ovla and accidentally touched the electric pole and got electrocuted at around 8.30 am in the morning, an official from Kasarwadavalli police station revealed.

The body of the deceased is yet to be identified and it has been sent for post mortem, the official added.

Incidents resulting out of the heavy downpour occurred throughout the city. A ceiling plaster of a building complex came down in Vartak Nagar, fortunately, no casualties were reported, Santosh Kadam - Thane Municipal Corporation's regional disaster management chief said. The disaster management received numerous calls throughout the night about tree falling but no casualties reported so far.

  

LEAVE A COMMENT

Title : Mumbai: Man electrocuted after touching electric pole


 
 
 
 

 
You have 2000 characters left.

Disclaimer:

Please write your correct name and email address. Kindly do not post any personal, abusive, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, discriminatory or unlawful or similar comments. Daijiworld.com will not be responsible for any defamatory message posted under this article.

Please note that sending false messages to insult, defame, intimidate, mislead or deceive people or to intentionally cause public disorder is punishable under law. It is obligatory on Daijiworld to provide the IP address and other details of senders of such comments, to the authority concerned upon request.

Hence, sending offensive comments using daijiworld will be purely at your own risk, and in no way will Daijiworld.com be held responsible.


Security Validation

Enter the characters in the image