Mangaluru: Fire breaks out at commercial complex in Thokkottu

Mohan Kuthar

Daijiworld Media Network – Mangaluru (EP)

Mangaluru, Mar 22: A fire broke out all of a sudden on the fifth floor of a commercial complex at Kallapu, NH 66 today, March 22.

Local people expressed anguish over the lack of safety measures in the building.

The fire was noticed on the tip of the smoke outlet chimney of Manhas Mandi hotel in Kiyanza Universal commercial complex situated at Kallapu, Thokkottu. Though the building staff and local people tried to douse the fire it went on spreading.

The fire brigade personnel who rushed to the spot climbed the fifth floor and doused the fire that had caught in the chimney averting a catastrophe.

It is strange that the government had given licence to the building without space around the building and set back or without at least installing fire safety tools. Local people have urged to take action against the building.





Top Stories

Comment on this article

Leave a Comment

Title: Mangaluru: Fire breaks out at commercial complex in Thokkottu

You have 2000 characters left.


Please write your correct name and email address. Kindly do not post any personal, abusive, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, discriminatory or unlawful or similar comments. will not be responsible for any defamatory message posted under this article.

Please note that sending false messages to insult, defame, intimidate, mislead or deceive people or to intentionally cause public disorder is punishable under law. It is obligatory on Daijiworld to provide the IP address and other details of senders of such comments, to the authority concerned upon request.

Hence, sending offensive comments using daijiworld will be purely at your own risk, and in no way will be held responsible.