November 9, 2023
Happy Diwali! It is that time of the year which brings light and joy in every person’s life. Colorful dresses, colorful skies, colorful sweets and happiness everywhere. Everyone enjoys bursting crackers. But this festival of light should not bring darkness in anyone’s life.
So 10 important points to be kept in mind to keep your eye safe during this season:
• Keep a safe distance from the cracker while bursting.
• If possible where your spectacle or protective eyewear.
• Do not use contact lens while bursting crackers, because the smoke can cause irritation and redness.
• If the smoke causes irritation, don not rub your eyes. Use any lubricating eye drops or wash your eye with clean water.
• If there happens to be a chemical injury or thermal injury, immediately wash your eyes with clean water and report to the nearest ophthalmologist for the necessary treatment.
• As far as possible accompany or supervise children to burst crackers. Do not allow them to burst crackers on their own.
• Use good, authentic crackers, so that there are no mishaps.
• Always clean your hands with soap and water after bursting crackers.
• Avoid prolonged exposure to bright light.
• Burst crackers in an open area.
Wishing you all a happy and safe Diwali!