October 18, 2023
I have heard people say – ‘I have lost all happiness and smile in life’. But, I wonder why and how? Is it because we are too busy in life or is it that we have the entire world’s problem on our head? No right?
Then what’s stopping us? Nothing, except Us. . .
‘Yes! It is all in our mind and depends on how we accept what’s happening around us’.
Let us look at the daily based scenes that we come across.
Have you observed a child’s smile? Yes, it’s infectious and beautiful because the child doesn’t know what worrying is.
Have you noticed the clown in a circus? Yes, he has a big radiating smile on face because his only intention is to spread smile.
Have you come across the scenario where you’re walking and there is a stranger who smiles at you while crossing your path? Yes, a cute little smile is a gesture of embracing humanity and promoting peace.
Have you smiled at your own self? Not in a lunatic way . . ., but yes, a moment where your smile required no explanation, that’s when you were/are happy from within and your face holds the genuine smile.
Life keeps creating and capturing moments, we have to always smile and pose better. A smiling face without make-up is anytime better than a make-up wearing non-smiling face.
In the digital era, before purchasing anything we tend to check for the best, be it phone, vehicle, home appliances etc., because we want the best of the best.
Likewise, let’s once think what makes us look at our best? Is it the stylish attire? Dressing up well? Yes! May be, but nothing can replace your tranquil hearted smile. It is priceless and the best. Your smile is your asset; use it in an effective way.
My definition of Smile goes like this -
Socialize, Mindfulness, Ignore problems, Love, Empathy.
• Smile starts a conversation, builds a connection and helps maintain a relation.
• Smile involves mindfulness. Practicing mindfulness keeps you calm and increases productivity, with which the brain releases Happy Hormones. These are feel-good hormones. Happy hormones are released while you are listening to music, pursuing your hobby, eating your favourite food, few life-style changes, etc,. Once you are peaceful and content from within, your smile shines effortlessly.
• If a person is happy that doesn’t mean he has zero problems, it means that the person knows how to ignore problems and maintain the balance in life by being happy amidst the troubles. Yes, smile is that powerful.
• Does your pet wag tail at a person who has a smiling face? Pets perceive and convey range of emotions. A smiling person is loved even by the pets.
• You are out of your country and you do not know the foreign language, when you have to communicate what do you do? You make an eye-contact, smile at the person and try to convey what you want right. A gentle smile indicates compassion.
We, as humans are a beautiful creation. We are unnecessarily, sometimes unintentionally worried about the past, anxious about the future, and we tend to completely forget the precious present.
Instead, let’s learn to be alive in the present, be content and cultivate kindness.
Let’s burry anger, let’s smile and spread smile because ‘a smile takes you ahead of a mile’.
Below is one short poem of mine on Smile which i want to share with you all;
‘Here are kilograms of gold, carats of diamond.
Which one do you prefer my friend?
It’s a precious one which doesn’t fade with time,
The best part is, it always makes life prime.
Something which I can keep with me forever,
Just gift me a ‘smile’ better late than never.’
I wish your life is filled with loads of peace, happiness and smiles.
Keep shining and keep smiling.