Daijiworld Media Network – Puttur (MS)
Puttur, Jul 7: The presence of mind of a driver of a KSRTC bus averted a major mishap as he took immediate action when smoke started emanating from the engine of the bus.
The bus was plying to Dhamasthala from Puttur. It had arrived from Somwarpet to Puttur. On the way to Dharmasthala, smoke was noticed in the engine of the bus by the driver near Mayura Inland complex on main road of the town. He immediately stopped the bus and asked the passengers to alight.
On checking, it was found that the contact wire of the battery had completely melted. Fire service personnel too arrived on the spot.
Public and passengers have appreciated the attentiveness of the driver in detecting the smoke at the earliest and averting a major fire mishap.