Mangaluru: Electric scooter showroom goes up in flames due to short circuit

Daijiworld Media Network – Mangaluru (MS)

Mangaluru, Jun 24: An electric scooter showroom was gutted at Naguri in the city as it caught fire after an electrical short circuit within the premises on Friday June 24.

The shop, Okinawa Scooters, was completely burnt in the mishap and loss is estimated to be huge. Smoke was bellowing from the building in which the shop is located.

Fire service personnel rushed to the spot and doused the raging fire.




Top Stories

Comment on this article

  • Rudolf Rodrigues, Mumbai

    Fri, Jun 24 2022

    In all probability, the fire started from a two wheeler which was kept for charging; many cases of spontaneous explosion of two wheeler batteries have been reported from various parts of the country! Yesterday a Tata Nexon, largest selling EV in India, spontaneously caught fire due to battery issues! At this point in time, it appears very risky to operate a two wheeler EV due to battery issues!!

    DisAgree [4] Agree [9] Reply Report Abuse

  • CA Girishkk, M'lore/dxb

    Fri, Jun 24 2022

    One should check the history of recently served notices from financial institutions with escalating significance. As a result of development, growth and employment.

    DisAgree [7] Agree [10] Reply Report Abuse

  • Dev, Mangalore

    Fri, Jun 24 2022

    This time it might be due to short circuit in the premises, but Okinawa & Ola had been in the news for wrong reasons like short circuit due to overheating of battery packs. Recently Tata Nexon went up in flames too. The reason for them as described by the investigators is the faulty battery packs. Lithium batteries need cooling too, in hot conditions the situation gets more dangerous due to faulty cells. The EVs are known polluters due to the mining activities carried out to extract minerals like cobalt & lithium, they degrade environment they boast to be saving by their use, the mining excavators use 12000 liters of fossil fuel per hour to recover a single battery capable cobalt. Child labor is used in African countries where the mining is taking place. Same way the electricity produced is fossil fuel based or coal fired which means they add up more pollutants than they save from more efficient fuel using vehicles. Time to expose the Climate Change Hoax being used by elites to destroy economies of the countries after their pandemic scam.

    DisAgree [5] Agree [14] Reply Report Abuse

  • sunil, Mangalore

    Fri, Jun 24 2022

    Its bcoz of short circuit and not due to battery issues. I was present there in the morning as well as now visited the spot. the front portions of the scooters are melted due to the heat, that's it. if it was battery related problems all the scooters would have turned to ashes nd the building would be in flames.

    DisAgree [5] Agree [21] Reply Report Abuse

  • SShetty, Mangalore

    Fri, Jun 24 2022

    No no borther, you do not know anything. real Kujuma knows a lot you know. Any crime its unemployment and inflation, now short circuit only in EV's. Any problem , the reason is "Nagpur". Sarvantharyaami!

    DisAgree [14] Agree [33] Reply Report Abuse

  • prakash, Manipal

    Fri, Jun 24 2022

    This incident may not be related to battery burning... Short circuit is the commonest problem during rains... However investigations will reveal more...

    DisAgree [2] Agree [24] Reply Report Abuse

  • Daniel, Mangalore

    Fri, Jun 24 2022

    Highly flammable petrol vehicles not burning but EV's ? Looks like oil giants don't like EV's or faulty design?

    DisAgree [5] Agree [23] Reply Report Abuse

  • real kujuma, kodial

    Fri, Jun 24 2022

    i think the govt gave licences to manufacture to some nagpur supporters who in a haste produced and people are buying as if there is no tomorrow without even thinking of the nitty gritties...i have a friend of mine who takes the battery up to the third floor flat for charging as there is no facility in his building for charging the battery..pathetic scene....public charging stations are not practical in a huge country like ours as it takes minimum half an hour to charge one battery....this is the result of allowing brainless people to run the enjoy the acche dins.

    DisAgree [51] Agree [45] Reply Report Abuse

  • Joel, Mangalore

    Fri, Jun 24 2022

    Only a proper investigation might expose the issue, every tech has issues that needs to be solved but people who are blaming every ev in general should know that even best car makers like bmw, Mercedes,Tata,etc caught fires doesn't that mean petrol and diesel cars are bad too?

    DisAgree [2] Agree [5] Reply Report Abuse

  • real kujuma, kodial

    Fri, Jun 24 2022

    so far heard some instances of electrical scooters getting showroom...that means electrical scooter is big panauti hai re baba...

    DisAgree [36] Agree [32] Reply Report Abuse

  • Mohammed ansar, UDYAVARA

    Fri, Jun 24 2022

    Electrical scooter or cars big risk. If you overcharge vehicle get fire within a second. Insurance companies thinking seriously.

    DisAgree [11] Agree [13] Reply Report Abuse

Leave a Comment

Title: Mangaluru: Electric scooter showroom goes up in flames due to short circuit

You have 2000 characters left.


Please write your correct name and email address. Kindly do not post any personal, abusive, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, discriminatory or unlawful or similar comments. will not be responsible for any defamatory message posted under this article.

Please note that sending false messages to insult, defame, intimidate, mislead or deceive people or to intentionally cause public disorder is punishable under law. It is obligatory on Daijiworld to provide the IP address and other details of senders of such comments, to the authority concerned upon request.

Hence, sending offensive comments using daijiworld will be purely at your own risk, and in no way will be held responsible.