Daijiworld Media Network - Lisbon
Lisbon, Feb 18: UEFA on Wednesday said it would investigate allegations of discriminatory behaviour after Vinicius Junior accused Benfica’s Gianluca Prestianni of racially abusing him during a Champions League clash in Lisbon.
The governing body’s statement came a day after Tuesday’s first leg of the knockout phase play-off tie between Real Madrid and Benfica was halted for more than 10 minutes.

The match was temporarily stopped after Vinicius complained to French referee Francois Letexier about the alleged racist remarks following a confrontation with Prestianni.
UEFA said it would examine the referee’s report and gather further evidence before deciding on any disciplinary action.
The incident once again puts the spotlight on racism in European football, with Vinicius having previously spoken out about discriminatory abuse during matches.
Further updates are awaited as UEFA’s investigation progresses.