Rs 95,450 crore spent on guarantees in Karnataka so far, says CM Siddaramaiah


Daijiworld Media Network – Bengaluru

Bengaluru, Aug 31: Chief minister Siddaramaiah has announced that the state government has spent a staggering Rs 95,450 crore on its five key guarantee schemes since their launch. This significant expenditure was revealed in a response to a query in the Legislative Assembly.

According to the CM, by August 1, the government allocated Rs 49,080 crore for the Gruha Lakshmi scheme, Rs 21,213 crore for Gruha Jyothi, Rs 14,655 crore for Anna Bhagya, Rs 9,982 crore for the Shakthi scheme, and Rs 520 crore for Yuva Nidhi.

In his reply to a question from Harihara MLA B P Harish, Siddaramaiah further clarified that, excluding the Shakthi scheme, the other four schemes have benefitted 7.31 crore people.

The Gruha Lakshmi initiative, which provides Rs 2,000 per month to women heads of households, has reached over 1.23 crore women. Meanwhile, the Gruha Jyothi scheme has provided free electricity to 1.61 crore households, and the Anna Bhagya programme has provided food security to 4.43 crore beneficiaries.

The Yuva Nidhi scheme, aimed at supporting unemployed youth, provides Rs 3,000 per month for undergraduates and Rs 1,500 for diploma holders. As of now, 2.41 lac young people have benefited from this scheme. Under the Shakthi scheme, which provides free travel for women, Karnataka's four road transport corporations have issued over Rs 500 crore worth of tickets.

In the first year of implementation (2023-24), the government spent Rs 34,859 crore on these schemes. In 2024-25, the total expenditure for all five schemes reached Rs 52,526 crore, with Rs 8,066 crore already spent as of August 1, 2025.

The government’s hefty outlay on these welfare initiatives reflects its ongoing commitment to social empowerment and economic upliftment across the state. Despite the financial strain, the schemes have seen significant positive impact on millions of people, underlining the government’s determination to honour its promises.

 

 

 

  

Top Stories

Comment on this article

  • Damodar Das, Kundapur

    Sun, Aug 31 2025

    No response from opposition of any kind. No allegations and complaints on CM and his minsters by opposition so far. Looks like opposition BJP has lost all and accepted defeat in all fronts. Even fake allegations are hard to come by from opposition nowadays. Does opposition exists in Karnataka as of now???,!!!….

    DisAgree [2] Agree [1] Reply Report Abuse


Leave a Comment

Title: Rs 95,450 crore spent on guarantees in Karnataka so far, says CM Siddaramaiah



You have 2000 characters left.

Disclaimer:

Please write your correct name and email address. Kindly do not post any personal, abusive, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, discriminatory or unlawful or similar comments. Daijiworld.com will not be responsible for any defamatory message posted under this article.

Please note that sending false messages to insult, defame, intimidate, mislead or deceive people or to intentionally cause public disorder is punishable under law. It is obligatory on Daijiworld to provide the IP address and other details of senders of such comments, to the authority concerned upon request.

Hence, sending offensive comments using daijiworld will be purely at your own risk, and in no way will Daijiworld.com be held responsible.