Udupi: Youth dies of electrocution while plucking arecanuts

Daijiworld Media Network – Udupi (EP)

Udupi, Nov 6: A young man died of electrocution while plucking areca nuts here. The tragic incident happened at Kurkalu in Kaup taluk.

He had tied a knife to the iron rod and was trying to pluck arecanuts with it.

However, the rod came in contact with a live electricity wire nearby and killed the youth.

The deceased hailed from Maharashtra. The incident happened under Shirva police station limits.





Top Stories

Comment on this article

  • Rita, Germany

    Mon, Nov 06 2023

    very sad.Yes our electric wires are in land no proper lines no rules .They simply bring and join where suitable as electricians.Simply through someone property without allowance ,We have to pay them also to remove .Sambala and gimbala too.Hope atleast in future owners of areca growers follow rules and see that it doesnt touch any tree .please shift to vacant land were no tree is growing.Its danger to life.specially in Monsoon.Heartfelt sympathy to the family .May his soul rest in Peace.

    DisAgree [1] Agree [3] Reply Report Abuse

  • Dr Kusuma Kumari Gunji MBBS DGO DNB(Obst and Gynae), Nellore/Kodyadka

    Mon, Nov 06 2023

    Very sad

    DisAgree [1] Agree [5] Reply Report Abuse

  • Rudolf Rodrigues, Mumbai -Mangalore

    Mon, Nov 06 2023

    With bunches of wires dangling haphazardly everywhere nobody knows what supplies what in the absence of any visible coding making it a very dangerous place to extend a pole for whatever reason; one of the worst power supply company around.....so many such incidents have taken place, innocent lives lost; but forgotten, as public memory is very short 😔!!

    DisAgree Agree [9] Reply Report Abuse

  • Joseph, Bombay

    Mon, Nov 06 2023

    MESCOM is the mafia corrupt electricity company which should pay blood money to the aggrieved family.

    DisAgree [1] Agree [9] Reply Report Abuse

  • Rudolf Rodrigues, Mumbai -Mangalore

    Mon, Nov 06 2023

    If any person takes time to carefully see the overhead dangerously dangling power wires tied to shoddy concrete poles, and even HT power transformers with no restriction to minimum height or distance from any appartment complex or individual house, no colour (visual) indicators, they would never risk their lives coming here as the probability of dying in a road accident (which also is very very high for a small City), and accidental electrocution are very very high!

    DisAgree Agree [1] Reply Report Abuse

Leave a Comment

Title: Udupi: Youth dies of electrocution while plucking arecanuts

You have 2000 characters left.


Please write your correct name and email address. Kindly do not post any personal, abusive, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, discriminatory or unlawful or similar comments. Daijiworld.com will not be responsible for any defamatory message posted under this article.

Please note that sending false messages to insult, defame, intimidate, mislead or deceive people or to intentionally cause public disorder is punishable under law. It is obligatory on Daijiworld to provide the IP address and other details of senders of such comments, to the authority concerned upon request.

Hence, sending offensive comments using daijiworld will be purely at your own risk, and in no way will Daijiworld.com be held responsible.