Pics: Angel Studio
Daijiworld Media Network – Mangaluru/Udupi
Mangaluru/Udupi, Apr 2: Christians celebrated Palm Sunday on April 2 in the twin districts of Dakshina Kannada and Udupi.
The occasion denotes arrival of Jesus at Jerusalem. Christians came together in different parishes in the coastal districts of Karnataka and chanted "Hosanna."
On His arrival at Jerusalem, disciples of Jesus had extended Him a grand welcome by waving palm leaves which denotes victory of the good over the evil. Holy Week begins on Palm Sunday.
Our Lady of Miracles, Milagres
Our Lady of Immaculate Conception Church, Urwa
St Francis Xavier Church, Mudarangadi
Thousands of devotees with palm leaves in their hands marched through streets in different parishes in city. Other parishes of the coast too celebrated Palm Sunday.
The Holy Week will come to an end on Easter Sunday that falls after Maundy Thursday and Good Friday.
Palm Sunday celebrations at various churches:
- Guardian Angel Church, Angelore
- St Dominic Church, Ashoknagar
- Holy Rosary Church, Alangar
- Milagres Church, Hampankatta
- Milagres Cathedral, Kallianpur
- St Francis Xavier Church, Udyavar
- St Thomas The Apostle Church, Nirkan
- Holy Family Church, Omzoor
- St John the Evangelist Church, Pangala, Shankarpura
- Mother of Sorrows Church, Udupi
- Stella Marish Church, Kalmady
- Holy Family Church, Brahmavar
- Father Muller Homeopathic Medical College
- St Vincent Ferrer Church, Valencia
- Palm Sunday: St Joseph the Worker Church, Neermarga