Daijiworld Media Network – Mangaluru (EP)
Mangaluru, Mar 22: A fire broke out all of a sudden on the fifth floor of a commercial complex at Kallapu, NH 66 today, March 22.
Local people expressed anguish over the lack of safety measures in the building.
The fire was noticed on the tip of the smoke outlet chimney of Manhas Mandi hotel in Kiyanza Universal commercial complex situated at Kallapu, Thokkottu. Though the building staff and local people tried to douse the fire it went on spreading.
The fire brigade personnel who rushed to the spot climbed the fifth floor and doused the fire that had caught in the chimney averting a catastrophe.
It is strange that the government had given licence to the building without space around the building and set back or without at least installing fire safety tools. Local people have urged to take action against the building.