Mother, two sons die of electric shock in Chincholi town

Bengaluru, Mar 19 (IANS): A 45-year-old woman and her two sons died after they came in contact with a live power cable that had snapped and fallen to the ground due to high-speed winds.

The incident occurred in Chincholi town in Karnataka on Sunday morning.

The deceased have been identified as Jharanamma Ambanna Basagond (45), her sons Mahesh Ambanna Basagond (20) and Suresh Ambanna Basagond (18). Their bodies have been shifted for post-mortem to Chandapur taluk hospital.

The incident occurred when the family tried to cover the crop outside their home using tarpaulin sheet. The Kalaburgi district of Karnataka has been witnessing heavy showers and storms for the past two days and crops including grapes and jowar have been destroyed in the rains and winds.



Top Stories

Comment on this article

  • John Tauro, M'lore

    Mon, Mar 20 2023

    Unfortunately high power cables in our country do not have insulation while passing over houses and residential areas. Very sad state of affairs.

    DisAgree Agree [2] Reply Report Abuse

  • Evans C Sumitra, Udupi/New York, USA.

    Mon, Mar 20 2023

    Rudolf Rodrigues, Mumbai, What a mind-blowing comment. I have words to express. People who are responsible are responsible for the deaths of the mother and two children should be taken to task.

    DisAgree Agree [2] Reply Report Abuse

  • Dr Kusuma Kumari Gunji MBBS DGO, Nellore Kodyadka

    Mon, Mar 20 2023

    Very sad incident indeed Felling sad

    DisAgree Agree [4] Reply Report Abuse

  • G Fernandes, Mangalore

    Sun, Mar 19 2023

    This incident is totally negligence of concerned electricity board and its work force which responsible for the death of the victims. As per the weather conditions so also its a overhead line hence proper safety devices such as accurate capacity of fuse/ circuit breaker has not been installed if it was installed the death would not happened.

    DisAgree Agree [11] Reply Report Abuse

  • Charles D'Mello, Pangala

    Sun, Mar 19 2023

    These things are happening in India because we neglect the protection issues.

    DisAgree Agree [8] Reply Report Abuse

  • Rita, Germany

    Sun, Mar 19 2023

    Sad to hear such incidents where poor ones are suffering or die.Heartfelt sympathy to the rest family.May their souls rest in peace.Govt.has no interest to safeguard people from such things.Wish they could take some interest to avoid of falling down such cables or cut down some tree braches which may be passing through live trees.

    DisAgree Agree [6] Reply Report Abuse

  • Rudolf Rodrigues, Mumbai

    Sun, Mar 19 2023

    In a place claiming to be one of the most technologically advanced, it's surprising that the power utility companies do not have the prowess to provide a mechanism wherein the power supply automatically trips off and sends a signal to the control room? Almost everyday some innocent people or animals fall prey to these live HT cables! Many a times, workers come in contact with live wires passing at low heights through coffee, areca estates while plucking! Also no worker is provided with basic safety accessories like gloves, gumboots, insulated ladders etc! Is all this progression or regression towards stone age?

    DisAgree [2] Agree [19] Reply Report Abuse

Leave a Comment

Title: Mother, two sons die of electric shock in Chincholi town

You have 2000 characters left.


Please write your correct name and email address. Kindly do not post any personal, abusive, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, discriminatory or unlawful or similar comments. will not be responsible for any defamatory message posted under this article.

Please note that sending false messages to insult, defame, intimidate, mislead or deceive people or to intentionally cause public disorder is punishable under law. It is obligatory on Daijiworld to provide the IP address and other details of senders of such comments, to the authority concerned upon request.

Hence, sending offensive comments using daijiworld will be purely at your own risk, and in no way will be held responsible.