Fire at Ahmedabad high-rise, no casualty reported

Ahmedabad, Feb 3 (IANS): A fire broke out on the 12th floor of the Takshashila Air residential tower here on Friday, fire department officials said.

No casualty was reported.

Five teams of fire fighters were pressed into service, which managed to douse the flames within an hour, said Ramesh Merja, Fire officer.

Though residents of the affected floor were rescued, two senior citizens complained of suffocation and were immediately rushed to a hospital.

Meanwhile, in another incident, an ammonia gas leak from an ice factory in Bilimora town of the Navsari district was reported on Thursday night.

People living in the surrounding areas rushed out of their homes complaining of burning sensation in their throats and itchiness in eyes.

One person who was affected the most, has been admitted to a private hospital, said a fire officer.

It took at least 20 to 30 minutes for the fire department to plug the ammonia gas leak from the factory.



Top Stories

Leave a Comment

Title: Fire at Ahmedabad high-rise, no casualty reported

You have 2000 characters left.


Please write your correct name and email address. Kindly do not post any personal, abusive, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, discriminatory or unlawful or similar comments. will not be responsible for any defamatory message posted under this article.

Please note that sending false messages to insult, defame, intimidate, mislead or deceive people or to intentionally cause public disorder is punishable under law. It is obligatory on Daijiworld to provide the IP address and other details of senders of such comments, to the authority concerned upon request.

Hence, sending offensive comments using daijiworld will be purely at your own risk, and in no way will be held responsible.