Kasargod: One-and-a-half-year-old child dies after accidentally consuming kerosene


Daijiworld Media Network - Kasargod

Kasargod, Jan 10: A toddler tragically died at Uduma here on Sunday January 10 after she accidentally consumed kerosene.

The deceased has been identified as one-and-half-year-old Hrithik, son of Das and Renuka, residents of Erol, Uduma.

Sources said that the child was playing at home, when he accidentally took a bottle of kerosene and consumed it.

The toddler grew sick and fell all of a sudden, and the bottle of kerosene was found near him.

Hrithik was immediately rushed to a private hospital in Uduma.

On doctors' advice, the child was shifted to a hospital in Mangaluru for further treatment, but unfortunately could not be saved.

It is said that the bottle of kerosene had been bought for the purpose of some painting work in the family's house. It is suspected that the child must have taken it from the verandah where it was kept.

 

 

  

Top Stories

Comment on this article

  • Evans C Sumitra, Udupi/ New York, USA

    Mon, Jan 11 2021

    A very sad and tragic incident for a one-and-a -half to die after accidently consuming kerosene. RIP, Hrithik . Condolences to the bereaved parents.

    DisAgree Agree [3] Reply Report Abuse

  • Dr Kusuma Kumari Gunji, Nellore Kodyadka

    Mon, Jan 11 2021

    Feeling very sad

    DisAgree Agree [6] Reply Report Abuse

  • Rita, Germany

    Mon, Jan 11 2021

    How sad.One has to be careful at home when there are small children around.Four eyes too are not enough.Best is whatever alcoholic ,any poisenous things should be kept out of childrens reach ,best locked ,even medicines or alcohol.I had a experience once as my so was only about 3years ,a friend came to visit.we offered a glas of red wine ,was not strong.she drank half of it ,and went after some time.As we went to door to say goodbye ,and close the door,just with a left eye saw son drank rest of the wine.was about 50ml left.He started vomitting whole night ,no drop of water could remain in his stomach.Thank God after sometime it stopped but was very tired and sick.Thank God no more he was alright.
    Atleast doctor could have given some first aid before sending him to another hospital .That might have helped him .Heartfelt sympathy to the family.RIP little one.

    DisAgree Agree [6] Reply Report Abuse

  • Jossey Saldanha, Mumbai

    Sun, Jan 10 2021

    Why all Horror Stories from Kasargod ...

    DisAgree [12] Agree [10] Reply Report Abuse

  • Cynthia, Kirem

    Sun, Jan 10 2021

    Rest in peace Angel....🙏🙏

    DisAgree Agree [23] Reply Report Abuse


LEAVE A COMMENT

Title : Kasargod: One-and-a-half-year-old child dies after accidentally consuming kerosene


 
 
 
 

 
You have 2000 characters left.

Disclaimer:

Please write your correct name and email address. Kindly do not post any personal, abusive, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, discriminatory or unlawful or similar comments. Daijiworld.com will not be responsible for any defamatory message posted under this article.

Please note that sending false messages to insult, defame, intimidate, mislead or deceive people or to intentionally cause public disorder is punishable under law. It is obligatory on Daijiworld to provide the IP address and other details of senders of such comments, to the authority concerned upon request.

Hence, sending offensive comments using daijiworld will be purely at your own risk, and in no way will Daijiworld.com be held responsible.


Security Validation

Enter the characters in the image