Daijiworld Media Network - Kundapur (MS)
Kundapur, Nov 22: In a tragic incident that occurred near Manur Jattigeshwara near Kota in the taluk, an elderly woman died when her saree caught fire as she was putting fire to the dried leaves.
The unfortunate victim of this tragedy is identified as the unmarried woman Bagi (68), who resides opposite Manur Jattigeshwara.
Bagi had gathered the dried leaves that had fallen from the trees as well as other dry waste and had put fire for the same at around 10 am on Saturday, November 21. As the heap of dry waste was getting burnt, the fire caught the saree of the elderly woman. She fell into the fire because of giddiness.
Though Bagi was admitted to Manipal hospital by locals, she died in the evening.