Mangaluru: Kakkebettu in Shaktinagara declared containment zone


Daijiworld Media Network - Mangaluru (MS)

Mangaluru, Apr 27: Following the detection of two coronavirus-positive cases, residents of Kulshekar in the city on Monday April 27, the district administration has declared specific area of Kakkebettu, Shaktinagara, Padavu village, in the taluk as a containment zone.

Deputy commissioner Sindhu B Rupesh on Monday, April 27, issued an order declaring Kakkebettu as an active containment zone after patients P-506 & P-507 tested positive for the virus.

The order states that the containment zone includes 22 houses, four shops, one office and a total population of 120 people.

Also, a buffer zone of an area of five km around the containment zone has been created, with Vamanjoor junction marking its east boundary, Urwa Market its west boundary, Padavinangady in the north boundary and Bunts Hostel Junction marking its south boundary.

There are 4,800 houses in the buffer zone, and 1.350 shops and offices, covering a population of 73,000 people.

For effective implementation of coronavirus control measures, commissioner, Mangaluru City Corporation has been appointed incident commander who will be in-charge of the containment zone, the order stated.

The administration has already declared seven other areas in the district as containment zones. These are Sajipanadu and Thumbe in Bantwal, Janata colony in Karaya of Beltangady, Smart planet apartment in Thokkottu, Sampya Mane in Puttur, Uppinangady in Puttur and Ajjavara in Sullia. On April 23, areas around First Neuro Hospital, Padil were also declared as such.

The lady who tested positive for coronavirus on Sunday works as a sweeper at First Neuro Hospital, where a patient who later died of coronavirus had been admitted. A total of 19 cases have been detected in Dakshina Kannada so far, out of which 12 have recovered, five are active and two have died.

 

 

  

Top Stories

Comment on this article

  • Rudolf Rodrigues, Mumbai

    Tue, Apr 28 2020

    Tricky CORONA virus probably made the learned docs here to miss out the fact that CORONA directly caused ischemic strokes w/o any appreciable lung symptoms:

    "New Delhi, Apr 28 (IANS): Doctors in the US have sounded alarm about people in their 30s and 40s dying of stroke because of coronavirus.

    The Washington Post reported that young and middle-aged people, barely sick with COVID-19, are dying of strokes.

    The report said doctors sound an alarm about patients in their 30s and 40s left debilitated or dead. Some didn't even know they were infected.

    The report said that there has been a stroke surge and reports of strokes in the young and middle-aged in other hospitals in communities hit hard by the novel coronavirus -- are the latest twist in the evolving understanding of the disease it causes.

    The numbers of those affected are small but nonetheless remarkable because they challenge how doctors understand the virus, the report said.

    "Once thought to be a pathogen that primarily attacks the lungs, it has turned out to be a much more formidable foe -- impacting nearly every major organ system in the body," the report said.

    Until recently, there was little hard data on strokes and COVID-19. There was one report out of Wuhan, China, that showed that some hospitalized patients had experienced strokes, with many being seriously ill and elderly. But the linkage was considered more of "a clinical hunch by a lot of really smart people," said Sherry H-Y Chou, a University of Pittsburgh Medical Centre neurologist and critical care doctor.

    Now for the first time, three large US medical centres are preparing to publish data on the stroke phenomenon. There are only a few dozen cases per location, but they provide new insights into what the virus does to our bodies, Washington Post said. "

    Newer research data shows that CORONA attacks all major organs of the body thus making it's ferocity initial diagnosis & treatment very dicey!!

    Jai Hind!!

    DisAgree Agree Reply Report Abuse

  • Rudolf Rodrigues, Mumbai

    Tue, Apr 28 2020

    With due respect to the decision of further extension of lockdown; reports suggest that we will face the worst economic crisis in 4 decades with job losses of 10 crores! Added to this will be the lacs of migrants & ship workers (Gulf & tourism boom being over, one can assume these returnees will not be able to go back) who r just waiting to hit homeland, the economic crisis will be unimaginable for a highly populated & poor country like ours!!

    SOCIOECONOMIC CRISIS POST CORONA CONUNDRUM WILL BE VERY MUCH PAINFUL & PROLONGED THAN EVER IMAGINED!!

    The above is a very personal opinion only! Please do your own research (print media is the best) & do not blindly believe in any posts!I
    Jai Hind!!

    DisAgree Agree [1] Reply Report Abuse

  • pradeep, Mangalore

    Mon, Apr 27 2020

    All these days we mangaloreans were in 'suffer zone'. Now containment zone, buffer zone and God knows what else?

    DisAgree [2] Agree [22] Reply Report Abuse

  • Rudolf Rodrigues, Mumbai

    Mon, Apr 27 2020

    Neglecting the economy totally & just thinking in one direction even after a lockdown of 45 days (May 3rd) by creating more n more zones....end result is anybody's guess??

    Above is just a very personal opinion & not suggestive!!

    DisAgree [17] Agree [33] Reply Report Abuse

  • Albert Mathias, Udupi

    Mon, Apr 27 2020

    End result may be very high taxes followed by increased prices. Suicide cases also may be there.

    DisAgree [8] Agree [20] Reply Report Abuse

  • Pinto, MANGALORE

    Mon, Apr 27 2020

    Unemployment... Even we government contract employees might b sacked.. already getting a hint

    DisAgree Agree [13] Reply Report Abuse

  • Sunil Shetty, Mangalore

    Mon, Apr 27 2020

    Officials should First do detailed Enquiry of First Neuro. Either hospital administration hiding the truth or infected person visited the hospital.

    DisAgree [3] Agree [42] Reply Report Abuse

  • Rudolf Rodrigues, Mumbai

    Tue, Apr 28 2020

    Dear Sunil, your speculation & suspicion against FN doesn't make any sense in view of the latest data on CORONA slowly unfolding now!!

    DisAgree Agree Reply Report Abuse

  • Nelson D'Souza, Mangalore

    Mon, Apr 27 2020

    For a small city like Mangalore, bufffler zone are ridiculous. Either seal the whole city down or ensure the contaminated area is contained strictly.

    DisAgree [4] Agree [36] Reply Report Abuse

  • Rahulraj, Kadri

    Tue, Apr 28 2020

    What are you talking.... Officials are right in what they are doing.. What do you Mean by small???....Mangalore has urban diameter of 15 kilometer

    DisAgree Agree [1] Reply Report Abuse

  • Jossey Saldanha, Mumbai

    Mon, Apr 27 2020

    Lockdown doesn't work anymore.
    Please Isolate Senior Citizens for at least 90 days because they are most vulnerable to Corona Virus ...

    DisAgree [33] Agree [29] Reply Report Abuse

  • Dylan, Mangalore

    Mon, Apr 27 2020

    No protection for the staff of First Neuro. The management of the hospital should be held and proper enquiry done by the DC' office.

    DisAgree [7] Agree [45] Reply Report Abuse

  • Deshbhakht, Mangalore

    Mon, Apr 27 2020

    Dylan,

    We are saying no PPE available to First Neuro hospital staff, because a case has been resulted positive from there. What about other hospitals ? Did they have PPE ? NO !

    Our hospitals weren't prepared for the striking of Covid because our government was not either. Modi gov was busy in 'Namaste India' for Trump and then busy in preparing a seat for Shivraj Chouhan in MP. If the nation had started preparations as soon as cases cropped up in other nations, if international arrivals were stopped right from Jan., I am sure we wouldn't have been so badly hit.

    Nevertheless, Modi govt is luckier than Europe, Far East or America because of our immune system. Because we Indians are always sick with one or the other disease, are already vaccinated for many contagious diseases. Therefore, the spread is still less, fatality is not as serious as the rest of the world. Contrarily, we are densely populated than those countries. This is only what matters.

    Let's hope for the best, let's say 'this will pass'

    DisAgree [23] Agree [53] Reply Report Abuse

  • sri_elder, Karkala

    Mon, Apr 27 2020

    please drop the idea of buffer zone... Containment zone alone is enough...

    Seal down only containment zone...

    DisAgree [6] Agree [53] Reply Report Abuse


LEAVE A COMMENT

Title : Mangaluru: Kakkebettu in Shaktinagara declared containment zone


 
 
 
 

 
You have 2000 characters left.

Disclaimer:

Please write your correct name and email address. Kindly do not post any personal, abusive, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, discriminatory or unlawful or similar comments. Daijiworld.com will not be responsible for any defamatory message posted under this article.

Please note that sending false messages to insult, defame, intimidate, mislead or deceive people or to intentionally cause public disorder is punishable under law. It is obligatory on Daijiworld to provide the IP address and other details of senders of such comments, to the authority concerned upon request.

Hence, sending offensive comments using daijiworld will be purely at your own risk, and in no way will Daijiworld.com be held responsible.


Security Validation

Enter the characters in the image