Daijiworld Media Network - Washington
Washington, Feb 20: Major General Jasper Jeffers, commander of the newly established International Stabilization Force (ISF) under a Gaza peace arrangement, said the mission is expected to eventually include 20,000 soldiers working alongside 12,000 Palestinian police officers in the Gaza Strip.
Speaking at the inaugural session of the US-proposed Board of Peace, Jeffers said ISF troops and Palestinian police personnel would undergo training in Egypt and Jordan, according to Xinhua News Agency.
Jeffers noted that Indonesia, Morocco, Kazakhstan, and Albania, along with authorities in Kosovo, have pledged troops for the force. However, he did not disclose specific numbers or provide a timeline for deployment.

At the meeting, US President Donald Trump said nine countries — Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan, the United Arab Emirates, Morocco, Bahrain, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Uzbekistan, and Kuwait — have collectively committed $7 billion for Gaza relief. The figure falls significantly short of the estimated $70 billion required for reconstruction.
Meanwhile, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu reiterated that reconstruction efforts would not proceed without the demilitarization of Hamas, according to remarks delivered at an Israel Defense Forces officers’ graduation ceremony.
Trump formally unveiled the Board of Peace last month in Davos, Switzerland. However, the US-led initiative has drawn skepticism internationally, with some countries voicing concern that it could duplicate or undermine the role of the United Nations.
European Council President António Costa said the European Union has serious reservations about aspects of the Board of Peace, including its mandate, governance structure, and alignment with the UN Charter.