Daijiworld Media Network – New Delhi
New Delhi, Nov 29: Three days after two pedestrians lost their lives in a hit-and-run incident in West Delhi’s Moti Nagar, police on Friday arrested a 20-year-old man accused of driving the car that mowed them down.
The accused, Sumit Kumar from Sonipat in Haryana, was arrested during the investigation under Sections 281 and 125(a) of the Bharatiya Nyaya Sanhita (BNS). The case stems from Wednesday’s accident in which a speeding car hit two men before being found abandoned at the spot.

The victims—a 48-year-old man from Anand Parbat and a 74-year-old resident of Zakhira—succumbed to their injuries during treatment at RML Hospital.
Police said the owner of the vehicle, Sanjay Kumar, appeared before them and revealed that his son, Sumit, had been driving the car at the time of the crash. Sumit later admitted to driving the vehicle and was taken into custody.
During interrogation, Sumit failed to produce a driving licence or the car’s insurance papers. As a result, investigators added Sections 3 and 181 of the Motor Vehicles Act for driving without a valid licence.
Police also initiated action against Sanjay Kumar for allowing his son to drive despite lacking proper documents. Sections 5 and 180, along with Sections 146 and 196 of the Motor Vehicles Act, have been invoked against him.
Police said the investigation is ongoing and further legal action will follow.