Bantwal: Peacock dies due to electrocution

Mounesh Vishwakarma

Daijiworld Media Network – Bantwal

Bantwal, Jun 10: A peacock, the national bird, lost its life due to electric shock at Sajeepa here.

The peacock was found dead after it touched an HT power line on June 10, Saturday at around 11.30 am at Sharada Nagar in Sajeepa Munnur village. Locals informed the forest department after they saw the dead peacock lying on the side of the road after getting electrocuted.

The forest department personnel who visited the place took the dead peacock to a forest area in Vagga for further action as per the order of the government.

Within a few hours after receiving the information, the forest department personnel visited the place and conducted an inspection. It was clear that the peacock die due to electric shock. A local was a witness to the incident. Hence, the dead peacock was brought to Kadenjimale Gudda in Vagga as per the government rules, said Bantwal zonal forest officer Rajesh Baligar.





Top Stories

Leave a Comment

Title: Bantwal: Peacock dies due to electrocution

You have 2000 characters left.


Please write your correct name and email address. Kindly do not post any personal, abusive, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, discriminatory or unlawful or similar comments. will not be responsible for any defamatory message posted under this article.

Please note that sending false messages to insult, defame, intimidate, mislead or deceive people or to intentionally cause public disorder is punishable under law. It is obligatory on Daijiworld to provide the IP address and other details of senders of such comments, to the authority concerned upon request.

Hence, sending offensive comments using daijiworld will be purely at your own risk, and in no way will be held responsible.