Great-Grandmother Burnt as Toddler Sets Bed Afire

Washington, Jun 30 (IANS): A three-year-old boy with a "history of playing with fire" set alight his great-grandmother’s bed while she was sleeping in a mobile home, firefighters said.

The child woke up in the middle of the night, found a cigarette lighter and set the bed afire, firefighters in Port Orange, 91 km from Orlando, Florida, were quoted as saying by the Australian.

His great-grandmother, Phyllis Hall, was taken to hospital with burns on her hands, feet and upper body, but was discharged later.

There were seven people in the mobile home at that time, including Phyllis' husband Gordon Hall, who was still in hospital after suffering from smoke inhalation, Port Orange firefighters spokeswoman Tanya Saylor said, adding that the boy has a history of playing with fire.


Top Stories

Leave a Comment

Title: Great-Grandmother Burnt as Toddler Sets Bed Afire

You have 2000 characters left.


Please write your correct name and email address. Kindly do not post any personal, abusive, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, discriminatory or unlawful or similar comments. will not be responsible for any defamatory message posted under this article.

Please note that sending false messages to insult, defame, intimidate, mislead or deceive people or to intentionally cause public disorder is punishable under law. It is obligatory on Daijiworld to provide the IP address and other details of senders of such comments, to the authority concerned upon request.

Hence, sending offensive comments using daijiworld will be purely at your own risk, and in no way will be held responsible.