Chicago, June 1: Inspired by grand success of the past year’s “Konkan Fest” and on popular demand to convene the same, Mangalorean Konkan Christian Association is presenting yet another opportunity to show case your talents. All the Konkan lovers are invited to participate in this unique cultural extravaganza Courtland Square Recreation Hall, 8909 David Place, Des Plaines, IL 60016 on June 28, 2008 at 5:30 p.m.
The following events are planned to celebrate our 3rd Konkan Fest 2008:
Singing competition & Fancy dress competition
Singing and Fancy dress Categories: Solo, Duet and Group
Age groups: A: 0 –6, B: 7 –12, C: 13-17, D: Adults 18 and above
- Food Competition: Appetizers, Main Dish and Dessert. All food entries shall be presented for competition by 5:00 p.m.
In addition there will be impromptu singing, skits and jokes. It will be a perfect time for the entertainers amongst us!! Come enjoy the evening with our usual complimentary open bar and soft drinks!!
- Admission: Children (0-4) Free, Children (5-12): $10 and Adults: $12
(Please make payments to MKCA USA and mail to treasurer, Mercy Concesso 217 E 31st, Unit C, La Grange Park, IL 60526, Phone: 708-482-1102)
All contestants shall register their entries by June 21, 2008
For further details, contact Chairperson, Stany D’Souza at 847-406-1885 or President Larry Mascarenhas at 847-375-1599 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. For details visit www.mkcausa.org. Beautiful trophies and certificates will be awarded to the winners.
Rules & Regulations for Singing Competition:
1. Songs in any language are allowed
2. All songs will be timed for maximum duration of 3 minutes
3. Age groups are1-5; 6-12; 13-17 and 18 and above
4. Proof of age shall be provided if required in case of dispute
5. Competitors are allowed to have one musical instrument
6. Any playback music or recorded replay during the singing is not allowed
7. Each category will be awarded 2 prizes - Winner and Runner-up
8. All contestants are encouraged to promote Konkani culture, tradition & language.
Rules & Regulations for Fancy Dress Competition:
1. Except Rule No. 5 & 6 above, all other rules are same for Fancy Dress Competition.
2. Languages offensive to race, color, cast, creed, national origin & religion are prohibited
3. Use of profanity is strictly prohibited
4. Use of fire, weapons, dangerous substance that creates a hazardous condition to the health and safety of audience is strictly prohibited.
5. Competitors and their parents are individually and personally responsible for any damages/injuries caused out of their act/s
6. MKCA retains the right to publish the photographs taken during the competition.
7. MKCA also retains the rights to exhibits the recordings made during its future official programs
8. Any violation of above rules may disqualify a competitor.
Rules & Regulations for Food Competition:
1. Participants must bring minimum half a tray of food enough for 10-12 servings.
2. There are four categories i.e. Appetizers, Main course, Deserts and Side Dish.
3. Each participant can participate in all the categories.
4. Food tasting will be done by the judges and 2 prizes in each category will be awarded.
5. All food entries must reach Courtland Square venue by 5:00 p.m.
6. Food will be served to all in appreciation of your participation.