Five electrocuted to death in Rajasthan

Jaipur, May 14 (IANS): Five people were Wednesday electrocuted to death and a teenager was injured when they came into contact with a high-tension electric wire in Rajasthan's Bharatpur district, police said.

Two of the dead were women, while the injured was a 16-year-old boy.

The incident occurred in Azad Nagar. Six labourers were hired by the public health engineering department to repair a broken hand pump.

Police told IANS that the labourers were pulling out a heavy pipe from the borewell dug already for the hand pump, when they lost control and the pipe touched an overhead high tension wire.

Five of the labourers died on the spot, while the teenager suffered burn injuries and was admitted to a hospital, police said.

The state chief secretary has sought a detailed report into the incident.


Top Stories

Leave a Comment

Title: Five electrocuted to death in Rajasthan

You have 2000 characters left.


Please write your correct name and email address. Kindly do not post any personal, abusive, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, discriminatory or unlawful or similar comments. will not be responsible for any defamatory message posted under this article.

Please note that sending false messages to insult, defame, intimidate, mislead or deceive people or to intentionally cause public disorder is punishable under law. It is obligatory on Daijiworld to provide the IP address and other details of senders of such comments, to the authority concerned upon request.

Hence, sending offensive comments using daijiworld will be purely at your own risk, and in no way will be held responsible.