Mangaluru, Feb 2: The Aesthetic Dentistry Association of India in association with AB Shetty Memorial Institute of Dental Sciences, Nitte DU will be hosting the first ever Aesthetic Dentistry Association of India National Conference from February 2 -5 in Mangaluru.
ADAINC 2023 has an unparalleled educational programme, featuring some of the most highly regarded educators in the field of dentistry and oral health. This conference provides an arena for interdisciplinary exchange among professionals in the fields of dental sciences.
The conference will provide a platform for discussion of present and future challenges in oral health, dental education, continuing education and expertise meeting. The conference has a pan India representation by over 750 delegates including world-leading health practitioners, clinicians, educators, researchers and students will present cutting-edge and practical clinical techniques based upon widely accepted evidence and will introduce new and emerging research.
The uniqueness of the conference are the plenary sessions on clinical concepts in aesthetic dentistry by 32 stalwarts in the field of dentistry and the industry technology platform sessions demonstrating the advanced concepts and techniques in aesthetic dentistry.
As a part of the scientific deliberations, we have organized scientific sessions for delegates, undergraduates, postgraduates and practitioners. These scientific sessions provide an opportunity for the students to present the basics and advances of aesthetic dentistry. Around 165 undergraduates, 350 postgraduates and 20 clinicians will be presenting their expertise in competitive sessions.
Dr Dibyendu Mazumdar, president, Dental Council of India will be gracing the conference as the chief guest. N Vinaya Hegde, chancellor, Nitte DU will be delivering the inaugural address. The conference will be organized by Dr Mithra N Hegde, president, Aesthetic Dentistry Association of India as the organizing chairperson.
The success of this conference is a meticulous planning down by Dr Mithra N Hegde, organising chairperson, Dr Shashi Rashmi Acharya, organizing secretary, and Dr Mohan Kumar, secretary ADAI, who were the opinion leaders of India in the field of aesthetic dentistry.
Dr Mithra N Hegde has been practicing dentistry for the last 32 years at Kankanady, Mangaluru, at her private clinic as an evening practitioner serving the citizens of Mangaluru. She has been a boon to Mangaluru restoring the smiles of all who approached her. She serves as vice principal of AB Shetty Memorial Institute of dental science and has been teaching undergraduate students, postgraduate students, and PhD scholars and doing research for the last 32 years.
She has a number of recognitions to her credit which goes in pages that can be accessed through her ORCID ID – 0000-0002-5618-6778.
She has to her credit – International awards – 5, National awards – 13, State awards - 5.
Dr Shashi Rashmi Acharya, the chief of aesthetic dentistry from MCODS, Manipal, has guided a number of students in this field and is a dedicated teacher and alumnus of AB Shetty Memorial Institute of Dental Sciences.
Dr Mohan Kumar is a great orator in the field of aesthetic dentistry practices in Chennai. With an excellent relationship, the three together had planned and implemented this programme with the guidance of the executing committee and organizing committee members executed this 1st Aesthetic Dentistry Association of India (ADAI) National Conference 2023.
The unique features of this conference are:
1. ITP (Industry Technology Platform), academia partnering in learning new techniques and materials in the market. We have 1000+ sessions of hands-on for all delegates. Total of 971 registrations were received for the ITP sessions.
2. Plenary sessions with case base discussion on the basic and recent concepts by reputed seniors from all over the country. International keynote speakers Dr Vikas Sharma and Dr Shishir Ram Shetty. Both of them are proud alums of AB Shetty Memorial Institute of dental science, presenting on recent concepts in nickel practice management.
3. Opportunity for undergraduate and postgraduate students to showcase their talents. We have a total number of 350 postgraduate students presenting papers. 165 undergraduate students presenting papers and posters.
4. This becomes an indirect innovative learning process for them; with presenting, they learn, and they hear their seniors and their teachers.
5. This conference has the unique feature of bringing all the specialties in Dentistry together under one roof to cater to the aesthetic needs of the Indian population.