Fire breaks out in Gujarat; five injured

Rajkot (Gujarat), Dec 3 (IANS): Five workers suffered burn injuries after a fire broke out in room they were staying in here on Saturday.

Primarily, it seems that the fire broke out due to gas leak from a domestic LPG cylinder.

The workers, hailing from Uttar Pradesh, were employees of Macpower Company situated in Metoda GIDC estate and resided in a rented room near Diamond park society.

After hearing the victims' screams, neighbours rushed them to government hospital.

The injured were identified as Mangli Shakhwat, Mayank, Kamlesh, Rahul and Rohit.

Company's contractor Dinesh Vekariya, who visited the hospital to enquire the victims' well-being, spoke to them and later told media persons that after returning from work on Friday evening, the workers had cooked food and then have forgotten to switch off the knob of the gas stove, leading to gas leak.

When Mayank Shakhwat used a matchstick to lit bidi the next morning, the fire broke out, Vekariya added.



Top Stories

Leave a Comment

Title: Fire breaks out in Gujarat; five injured

You have 2000 characters left.


Please write your correct name and email address. Kindly do not post any personal, abusive, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, discriminatory or unlawful or similar comments. will not be responsible for any defamatory message posted under this article.

Please note that sending false messages to insult, defame, intimidate, mislead or deceive people or to intentionally cause public disorder is punishable under law. It is obligatory on Daijiworld to provide the IP address and other details of senders of such comments, to the authority concerned upon request.

Hence, sending offensive comments using daijiworld will be purely at your own risk, and in no way will be held responsible.