Daijiworld Media Network – Kadaba (MS)
Kadaba, Jun 2: A lineman of Mescom, who climbed the electricity pole to repair a faulty electricity wire, got electrocuted in the town on Thursday June 1.
Dyamanna Doddamani (26) is the unfortunate victim of this accident. He is a native of Bagalkot district and was working in Kadaba Mescom since eight years.
On Thursday afternoon, Dyamanna climbed the electricity pole on Taleki road near Mulimajalu Kayaradka of the town. As he was repairing the wire, it was energised with electricity and he got stuck on the pole itself. He was taken down from the pole by the locals and was rushed to the community health centre of Kadaba. A seriously ill Dyamanna was given first aid and taken to Puttur hospital for higher treatment. However, before reaching the hospital, he succumbed.
Dyamanna is survived by wife and six months old child. MLA Ashok Kumar Rai visited the hospital and has asked the Mescom officers to give detailed report on the incident.