Top Stories

Mangaluru: Nominations of 14 candidates accepted, 1 rejected in DK


Daijiworld Media Network - Mangaluru (ANK)

Mangaluru Mar 27: As many as 15 candidates have filed their nominations out of which 14 have been accepted and one has been rejected, Deputy Commissioner Sasikanth Senthil informed in a press meet on Wednesday, March 27.

The DC announced the names of the accepted candidates. Supreeth Kumar Poojary (Lokathantrik Janatha Dala), Vijay Srinivas C ( Uttam Prajakiya Party), Deepak Rajesh Coelho (Independent), Nalin Kumar Kateel (BJP), Maxim Pinto (Independent), Mohammed Iliyas (SDPI), Mithun Rai (Congress), Ismailn Shafiq (SDPI), Mohammed Khalid (Independent), Dominic Alexander D’Souza (Independent), Venkatesh Bende (Independent), Sathish Salian (BSP), Abdul Hameed (Independent) and H Suresh Poojary (Independent) are the candidates whose nominations are accepted, he said. Meanwhile, Sudarshan (BJP) application was was rejected because he filed nomination as substitute candidate. Candidates can withdraw their nomination on March 29th.

“There are 16,97,417 voters in the district for the upcoming elections, in which 8,33,719 are men, 8,63,599 are women and 99 are others. A total of 26,605 new voters have been added. Out of 1,861 polling stations in the district, 640 polling stations are critical and 1,221 are normal polling stations,” the DC said.

He further said, “For the 640 critical polling stations, micro observers have been appointed and video cameras have been installed for the smooth functioning. A sum of Rs 8,73,000 which was seized as violation of Model Code of Conduct was released after verifying the documents. Alcohol measuring 53,805.52 litres was seized and is worth Rs 77,77,607.56. One scooter, two lorries, 220 pamphlets, 2 Maruthi car, one truck and one tanker were seized. 266 excise law violation and one expenditure related FIR has been filed.

"Of the 11,631 weapons, 11,551 are deposited in the police station. Nine weapons have been given exemption for bank security purpose,” added Sasikanth Senthil.

When asked about Udupi DC’s statement on strict action will be taken for NOTA campaigning, Sasikanth Senthil said," I don’t know much about it. There is no such instruction from the Election Commission. I will discuss with Udupi DC and if such rule exists then it will be implemented.”

Comment on this article

  • Jossey Saldanha, Mumbai

    Thu, Mar 28 2019

    Sanjay Serrao,
    You are spoiling names of all Catholics ...

    DisAgree [4] Agree [2] Reply Report Abuse

  • Lawrence Mascarenhas, Mangalore/USA

    Wed, Mar 27 2019

    Indian democracy needs a reform. In a country where there is 75% citizen form religious majority, chances are slim for a minority candidate to contest and win the election, unless there is no communal bias. It is in the best interest of the nation and as a matter of fairness, 25% candidates among the minority groups should be nominated to the Parliament/Assembly. There is inadequate representation of minority legislators, especially from social service minded Christians.

    Change is good. Without change there is no progress.

    DisAgree [2] Agree [3] Reply Report Abuse

  • AMAR NATHAL, MANGALORE

    Wed, Mar 27 2019

    Some Independent candidates are paid well just to split/spoil the votes. We do not need high degree of education to know that. DK Mp will loose elections if he does not complete Pumpwell Flyover. Welcome to Thokkottu on 31st March 2019 for the inauguration of ....... (Refer minister Gadkari).

    DisAgree [2] Agree [4] Reply Report Abuse

  • Lawrence Mascarenhas, Mangalore/USA

    Wed, Mar 27 2019

    Indian democracy need a reform. In a country where there is 75% citizen form religious majority, chances are slim for a minority candidates to contest and win the election, unless there is no communal bias. It is in the best interest of the nation and as a matter of fairness, 25% candidates among the minority groups should be nominated to the Parliament/Assembly. There is inadequate representation of minority legislators, especially from social service minded Christians.

    Change is good. Without change there is no progress.

    DisAgree [9] Agree [7] Reply Report Abuse

  • Lancer, Mudarangadi

    Wed, Mar 27 2019

    Please increase application money or devide election expenditures between all candidates.

    DisAgree [2] Agree [16] Reply Report Abuse

  • Naveen Perira, Bajpe , Kateel Road

    Wed, Mar 27 2019

    All the best to all Candidates, My Special wishes to Donny ( Dominic ) and Mecha ( Maxim ) , Hope one of you get Victories ,

    Naveen Periera
    Bajpe / Kateel Road

    DisAgree [14] Agree [13] Reply Report Abuse

  • Rajesh, Udupi

    Wed, Mar 27 2019

    BJP's game plane..... to spoil and divide the votes of Mithun Rai

    DisAgree [14] Agree [65] Reply Report Abuse

  • sk, Mangalore

    Wed, Mar 27 2019

    Yes, So again Congress is losing?

    DisAgree [31] Agree [14] Reply Report Abuse

  • Jossey Saldanha, Mumbai

    Wed, Mar 27 2019

    One BJP Candidate's Nomination was Rejected, Ha Ha Ha ...

    DisAgree [13] Agree [62] Reply Report Abuse

  • Edmond, Mangalore

    Wed, Mar 27 2019

    I hope you can understand the meaning of "Meanwhile, Sudarshan (BJP) application was was rejected because he filed nomination as substitute candidate."

    DisAgree [4] Agree [22] Reply Report Abuse

  • Sanjay Serrao, Mangalore

    Wed, Mar 27 2019

    No he doesn't! Understands only Oxford University English!🤣

    DisAgree [9] Agree [18] Reply Report Abuse

  • Jossey Saldanha, Mumbai

    Wed, Mar 27 2019

    Edmond, Why substitute ?
    Is your Nalin going to fall Sick ...

    DisAgree [13] Agree [39] Reply Report Abuse

Leave a Comment

Title : Mangaluru: Nominations of 14 candidates accepted, 1 rejected in DK


 
 
 
 

 
You have 2000 characters left.

Disclaimer:

Please write your correct name and email address. Kindly do not post any personal, abusive, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, discriminatory or unlawful or similar comments. Daijiworld.com will not be responsible for any defamatory message posted under this article.

Please note that sending false messages to insult, defame, intimidate, mislead or deceive people or to intentionally cause public disorder is punishable under law. It is obligatory on Daijiworld to provide the IP address and other details of senders of such comments, to the authority concerned upon request.

Hence, sending offensive comments using daijiworld will be purely at your own risk, and in no way will Daijiworld.com be held responsible.


Security Validation

Enter the characters in the image