Bantwal: Dangling power cable claims life of young engineer
News: Mounesh Vishwakarma
Pics: Brijesh Garodi
Daijiworld Media Network – Bantwal (SP)
Bantwal, Jul 10: A live wire that was dangling for long on account of the negligence of Mescom, accounted for the life of a youth from near Farangipet in the taluk on the morning of Wednesday July 10.
The victim has been identified as Milan Shetty (19), son of Vasanti, a member of Pudu gram panchayat.
The youth had taken a cow of the family to tether near his home, when tragedy struck. He did notice the danger posed by the dangling wire, and paid by is life. Milan, who had recently completed his engineering course, had applied with various companies for job. He had reportedly got a call recently from a prestigious Bangalore-based company for an interview.
Milan's father Ramesh Shetty is employed in Mumbai.
The locals who gathered at the accident spot expressed deep anguish and anger at Mescom, alleging that it’s apathy was responsible for this catastrophe. They said that Mescom had been informed about the danger posed by this cable sufficiently in advance, but that it did nothing to address the issue.
The incident occurred at about 6.15 am, but the junior engineer of Mescom arrived at the spot at 8 am, although his office was promptly informed about the incident. Angry villagers were preparing to manhandle the junior engineer, but the police at the spot intervened and stopped any untoward incident.
At the same spot, a cow had died due to electrocution a few months back.
Former zilla panchayat member, Ummer Farooq, Krishnakumar Poonja of Sevanjali Foundation Farangipet, and many others visited the spot. A case stands registered in the rural police station here relating to the incident. Investigations have been undertaken by the police.
Stay updated wherever you go with Daijiworld.com and Daijiworld 24X7 tv channel mobile apps.
CLICK HERE to download it for your device.
(available on Android and IOS)