Udupi: Rat poison in omelette - 13-year-old boy dies
Daijiworld Media Network – Udupi (VM)
Udupi, Feb 27: In a tragic incident, a boy died after eating an omelette in which rat poison was used accidentally instead of pepper powder.
The deceased boy is identified as Prajnesh Shetty (13), son of Sathish and Latha Kumari Shetty from Parkala Herge. The family basically hails form Teerthahalli. Latha works in a hospital.
It is said that Prajnesh prepared the omlette on his own when his mother was away at work. He mistook rat poison for pepper powder and added it to the omlette, sources said.
The boy who ate the poisoned omelette was fine for sometime. The incident came to light only after he turned sick later.
He was admitted to Manipal hospital on February 21. However, after battling for life for about five days, he passed away on Tuesday February 26.
A case has been registered in the Manipal police station.